• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

0637-463 7 tooth driver kit????

westech

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2008
Vanderhoof, B.C.
Anyone try this kit to resolve belt issues? Trying to decide if I should just get the driver or the kit. Includes anti- stab, clutching, a speedwerx helix, and complete 7t driver. Curious if there are any positive outcomes from the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Gearing down is going to help with belt strain issues but to resolve them completely is dependant on how severe they were in the first place.

The clutch set up is probably better than the old stock one from the little bit we rode it, but we still prefer the set up we've used at our elevations since the 1100s came out, if you are adding power. We've never done the drivers with clutching. Drivers and shaft assembly only and our clutching.

If you have more questions on belt issues and resolutions for them shoot me an email with a phone number. No one has done more of that work than us on those machines.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Anyone try this kit to resolve belt issues? Trying to decide if I should just get the driver or the kit. Includes anti- stab, clutching, a speedwerx helix, and complete 7t driver. Curious if there are any positive outcomes from the kit.

My dealer installed this complete setup on my sled. I have very few miles on it since the install. However, in those few miles the sled has far different manners, the clutches are cooler, and the belt looks better. Has is "solved" the problem? I can't give you an educated answer yet.

westech

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2008
Vanderhoof, B.C.
Any performance effects for good or bad? The one thing I found on the net, it seemed to have good bottom end but after that it seemed pretty flat. I am putting the Evo 215 flash on. I got the sled last year and never blew a belt yet. Pulled some heavy loads winter camping and some trail riding. But no mountain rides as of yet. Also curious on info in regards to the 2016 Borg Warner chain. I've heard some say it's junk like the old one and others say it's basically the hyvo set up sold by cat!??? And thanks by the way for your comments. The 1100t world and SnoWest thread seems to be dying. Not much going on here these days.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That's the problem with a straight helix on the 1100t, good out of the hole with the shallower angle but then doesn't provide the building load any turbo likes to see. Old stock helix (42/40) was too steep on/off throttle, like boondockers would like, to be peppy. On the trail 1100t models I'm sure it was fine mid to wide open. We have been using a 38/46 for 4 years. I didn't like it at 9000+ elevations but at 55-7500 in the Rockies it works great. Funny the new stock helix is 38 straight....

BW is the hyvo chain. Many times stronger than a standard chain design. Yami has been using for years since RX1s. I went to put in a Team hyvo set on my M7000 last year and found hyvos already installed.

We're still busy with 1100 builds and parts, but we kind of established ourselves since they came out by learning them and doing R&D on the fixes. Hard to find dealers that invested any kind of time into them, hence they don't have any knowledge, or wrong knowledge, to give out to people. Most have the 10' pole syndrome, we embrace lol.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I know you always talk about gearing down on the 800s is not preferred, I'm not an 800 guy so I'll take your word for it. I've never had performance issues on the 1100t putting 7t drivers in and I had 2 with 8t and 2 that were 7t. If you can still pull 85+ in track speed i think it's good either way, so taking some strain out of the belt system isn't terrible IMO.

And take it from a guy that knows....clutching changes of any kind were not going to fix the majority of 1100t issues. That would have been awesome. Completely different animal with a plethora of additional problems.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I know you always talk about gearing down on the 800s is not preferred, I'm not an 800 guy so I'll take your word for it. I've never had performance issues on the 1100t putting 7t drivers in and I had 2 with 8t and 2 that were 7t. If you can still pull 85+ in track speed i think it's good either way, so taking some strain out of the belt system isn't terrible IMO.

And take it from a guy that knows....clutching changes of any kind were not going to fix the majority of 1100t issues. That would have been awesome. Completely different animal with a plethora of additional problems.

I'm not saying that isn't the case but if there are belt issues have you tried the clutch fix?
I've just seen to many people gear down to fix the belt issues, it may help belt but doesn't help performance. But when you fix the clutch you fix the belt issue and gain performance.

What is max rpm on a 11t?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
To the OP...

I ride BC, 6-9000'. My sled is a 2013 EVO Big Chute M1100T running straight av gas, guessing about 275-280 hp. The only reason to consider putting 7 tooth drivers on is if I was running a 3" track (which I am), but I geared the sled up to 2.25:1, so my actual final drive is about 2.47:1 (stock 8 tooth gearing is 2.33:1, 7 tooth is about 2.63:1). Why did I gear up? Simply put, I have the hp to turn it, and because EVERYTHING is lined up and true, I don't have belt issues, 1680 miles on the sled (all boosted), might change the belt before next trip if I think about it. I feel that gearing the sled down to mask a clutching or belt issue simply isn't the way to go - you wouldn't put a band-aid on a severed limb to control bleeding...
Give JustBoostIt a call, he'll set you up with what works.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I should probably clarify I have never put 7t on an 1100 that wasn't getting a 3" track. Haven't used it to fix belt problems, can't say some customers don't start with that as their first step to see if that makes their belt last longer. They don't ride hard enough to know what they are giving up, just wanting more out of the belt. I've tried, and many customers have tried, various combinations of STM, TAPP, and Team clutches with and without success for belt issues...if it didnt help it's becuase in those cases their old clutches weren't the problem. Cookie cutter solutions for the 1100 don't exist, it just isn't that consistent unfortunately.

westech

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2008
Vanderhoof, B.C.
Thanks again for the info. I am putting a 3" on. Like I said. As of yet no real belt grief. Just boost it, I did order your spring, helix and manual tensioner kit. Hopefully once I get this unit back together we will have some snow!!

Premium Features