• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Evo Vipers out there??

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
doesn't Christopher have an evo kit??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
doesn't Christopher have an evo kit??
I most certainly do.
But I wasn't able to get any serious good seat time on it last year.
Our big trip up to Canada to Revy was a total blowout and the season here in Idaho was over by Spring.

I have, perhaps, a FEW hours total riding on the system.

This is what I can offer you.
This is a SERIOUS INSTALLATION.
Do not undertake this kit unless you are VERY comfortable doing mods to your sled. This kit was above my pay grade and I had to call in help.

This is NOT a low power kit.
At 275hp my Viper is a FREAKING ROCKET SHIP when that turbo lights up!

Nearly 100% of my few hours was on HARD packed snow, with only a couple brief moments on powder. The sled was EXPLOSIVE when the turbo fully kicked in. WAY more power than my Supercharged Nytro or my Turbocharged Nytro.

This kit is not for the Faint of Heart!

All that said.
Just as soon as we have REAL SNOW and I have the chance to ride this beast for a full day on snow and not on ICE, I will have plenty to say about it.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397951

Last edited:

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I won't be doing the instal. I have an Mcx Viper now but considering either the Evo kit or Boost It cause there's no headshim. My only complaint with the Mcxpress is at altitude I find more lag than what there should be (owned an Mcx Apex and Alpine Nytro previously so I know the difference between lag and no lag). I'm hoping no headshim would remedy the lag I'm getting

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I know there was a big shizfest last year about boost it vs evo. I have a boost it viper and it is alot more responsive then any of my mcx apex's or nytro's. (Don't get me wrong, I never had any issues with my mcx kits.) Please mcx and viper owners don't take this as a diss. But this boost it viper for the 400 miles I got on it(crappy snow year) was awesome. Response is wicked, power is wicked, chassis is wicked. I have the new front end coming for this year which should complete the sled.

I had a guy in Montana ride the viper last year who has owned several turbo sleds(yamaha included) and said it was the best kit he has ridden yet. So it sounds like either way with evo or boost it you will be happy. mcx is awesome, just got the head shim/lag dealio.

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
I thought about Boost it but no matter how hard I tried couldnt get him to sell me one. Said in the future they may have a US dealer. Think I will be completly happy with my new EVO kit, suposed to have the more user freindly wiring harness. Although I enjoy large projects. Fred

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I won't be doing the instal. I have an Mcx Viper now but considering either the Evo kit or Boost It cause there's no headshim. My only complaint with the Mcxpress is at altitude I find more lag than what there should be (owned an Mcx Apex and Alpine Nytro previously so I know the difference between lag and no lag). I'm hoping no headshim would remedy the lag I'm getting
Do remember, you NEED to install new HEAD STUDS if your going to run high boost!

I have NOT yet done that and its on my MUST DO LIST RIGHT NOW!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Do remember, you NEED to install new HEAD STUDS if your going to run high boost!

I have NOT yet done that and its on my MUST DO LIST RIGHT NOW!

Head studs are definitely a must for 275 hp. Get em done. It is super nice to have the 210 hp for most days but the days you want to really go big or deep days to fill up on some 100LL and enjoy big power at 275hp with the flip of a switch.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You can do the head studs with the motor in the chassis, but I will tell you that it is more effective to just remove it and do it. You really don't save any time because you are trying to cram tools down to undo the cam chain tensioner and various other stuff that it is far better to just have it on the bench.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Thanks for putting the video up. It's a good video and no offense but I don't want to hear a sales pitch. I want some real feedback from guys like me that either had the sled built or built it themselves. Every kit has good points and bad points. I love my Mcx but my only issue is the lag at elevation. That's why I'm considering the Evo or Boost It.....hoping to eliminate that little bit of lag without a headshim.

The drone footage is pretty cool in that video tho!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Head studs are definitely a must for 275 hp. Get em done. It is super nice to have the 210 hp for most days but the days you want to really go big or deep days to fill up on some 100LL and enjoy big power at 275hp with the flip of a switch.

So when is the next time your going to be in my neck of the woods???:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not really sure. I know what ur thinking though
Ya, I want YOU to come out and install those Head Studs so I can run this baby at NUCLEAR MELTDOWN power levels.

maxresdefault.jpg

Premium Features