• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to replace the front end heat exchanger on a 2000 RMK 800?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
You will have to take the track out and pull the drive shaft to drill the rivets out and replace them ( I'm assuming the rivets come in from the track side? Even if the upper row of rivets is installed from the top, you will still need the track and drive shaft out to clear the hose barbs). You should have enough room to remove the hose clamps and the hoses with the engine in place. FWIW

P.S. I do have a brand new one here, part #2511304, I'd make you an excellent deal on; if you have not already sourced one.

Last edited:
S
Mar 6, 2015
You will have to take the track out and pull the drive shaft to drill the rivets out and replace them ( I'm assuming the rivets come in from the track side? Even if the upper row of rivets is installed from the top, you will still need the track and drive shaft out to clear the hose barbs). You should have enough room to remove the hose clamps and the hoses with the engine in place. FWIW

P.S. I do have a brand new one here, part #2511304, I'd make you an excellent deal on; if you have not already sourced one.
Thanks for the info .
And yes I will need that heat exchanger from you .
How much .......

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
New they are listing for $275-$290, E-bay has a couple listed at $250 for new ones. Some trashed ones are slightly cheaper. I'll start at $200 shipped USPS Priority Flat Rate. Assuming you are in the lower 48?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
correct on driveshaft removal and drilling rivets.

let me know if you still need the front cooler as i have a spare collecting dust on my shelf....sold my gen II chasis after the PSI motor died. Thought about putting a rotax triple in but headed in a different direction and finally sold the chasis. GenII.....great stuff!!

2001 800 rmk 1.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features