• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt Backcountry Adventure Reviews?

O
Oct 11, 2012
Boston
My wife and I are going to Burandt's mid January. I'm an east coast intermediate and she's a beginner. We're riding 2 days with Sahen Skinner and Ross Robinson (I believe) with 2 other 2 person groups.. 6 of us total. I'm looking forward to getting pushed out of my comfort zone and sure I'm due for a good beat down session!:face-icon-small-sho My wifes really looking forward to it and wants beginner some instruction. I'm just hoping they can work with her. She's strong and willing to do what it takes sooo..... Anyone have some good experiences out there with the BBA Team?

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
This is more geared towards high level riding. I'm sure you will have fun regardless but in my opinion this is not where you go to learn the very basics of sledding. If your wife is really inexperience something like what dan adams is doing would probably be better for her as it focuses more on instruction. I've done 15 days of riding with these guys and had a blast every single day.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Yeah, i wouldn't advise taking your wife to their clinic. Seems their clinic is more of a show you great riding area and try to get you stuck very little to no instruction or skill learning. You will get more out of any clinic then that one.

O
Oct 11, 2012
Boston
I have business to do in Colorada Springs so Burandts is very convenient. Dan Adams clinic was my first choice for her. She has her own PRO RMK 600 and has a year in the woods under her belt. I was RE-ASSURED by BBA that they will work with her. She's going there to learn and will at least have a solid month of riding before we head out.

Dan Adams has lots of videos on line of his team doing INSTRUCTION. BBA's videos are all highlight reels. Great Hightlight Reels! I've spoke to others and read some posts that they've been really good with beginners.

Thanks for the heads up!

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
If you are riding with Skinner and Ross you wont be throw as deep in the deep end. Not saying they aren't awesome riders, because they hold their own with anyone every day, but riding with just Chris is different.

I rode with Chris and Ross last year and its non-stop go and go riding in some of the steepest terrain Colorado has to offer. They are a fun bunch of guys and you and your wife will be pushed either way.

Best to start working out now and get use to 12+ elevation riding.:face-icon-small-win

Good Luck!

O
Oct 11, 2012
Boston
Thx! We're retired backcountry skiers (44 & 43) who've done, Vail, Aspen, Steamboat & A Basin. Very used to flying out, driving into elevation and breathing thru a straw!! I'll be going to the high school track on cold days and doing sprinting drills for my lungs. May help a bit but certainly won't hurt! Communication with BBA is the best answer for us I'm sure and putting the work in prior to going will be key as well.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
If you are riding with Skinner and Ross you wont be throw as deep in the deep end. Not saying they aren't awesome riders, because they hold their own with anyone every day, but riding with just Chris is different.

I rode with Chris and Ross last year and its non-stop go and go riding in some of the steepest terrain Colorado has to offer. They are a fun bunch of guys and you and your wife will be pushed either way.

Best to start working out now and get use to 12+ elevation riding.:face-icon-small-win

Good Luck!

MANN, 12k elevation? gross.....

A
Nov 11, 2010
maybe I'm wrong but doesn't BBA advertise corporate retreat riding, and I'm pretty sure Dale Earnhardt Jr was out there a few years ago.

Just saying I think they do plenty of basic riding training and your wife will be just fine, sounds like it's going to be a blast!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
BBA will treat you good. The group of guys Burandt has is great. Down to earth fun to hang out with. They won't put your wife into a bad situation but it could hold you back a little. If you are doing 2 days you might spend the second day really pushing your limits and learning some new stuff. Don't go to just ride, take advantage of the learning experience!

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Thx! We're retired backcountry skiers (44 & 43) who've done, Vail, Aspen, Steamboat & A Basin. Very used to flying out, driving into elevation and breathing thru a straw!! I'll be going to the high school track on cold days and doing sprinting drills for my lungs. May help a bit but certainly won't hurt! Communication with BBA is the best answer for us I'm sure and putting the work in prior to going will be key as well.

Heads up, back country skiing doesn't compare to the same workout as back country snowmobiling in the Rocky Mountain West.

O
Oct 11, 2012
Boston
I was referring to the altitude and air quality... both are great workouts but I'd have to agree that working the machines and trudging thru the deep snow is a beast of a workout!

Premium Features