• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Place Parts customer service

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Has anyone on here had experience with First place parts's customer service? I have tried emailing, calling and faxing but still have had NO responses back. I was just wondering if this is a common occurance.

M
Feb 28, 2011
MT Lassen
That is not normal for them, I have never had a problem getting in touch with a human! It is a small town run business, so they tend to be pretty obtainable and helpful.
Check your contact info and keep trying!

Ditto. I've purchased a lot of gear from them and never had a problem.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Had the same problem a few years ago. Ordered a jacket and some other things, the other things came but the jacket didn't. I called and called and left an email wanting to know the expected delivery date and finally got ahold of someone that told me it dropped shipped from the manufacturer. After waiting another week for it to come I call the manufacturer and they laughed and said they haven't had my size for a month and they wouldn't have it for at least another month. So I again tried to get ahold of them with no response and finally had to file a dispute with paypal and got my money back shortly after... The real kicker was I got somewhat of a nasty email back from them for filing a paypal dispute and said they were in the middle of a move or something, Whatever.
I always had great luck before this and even after I swore I would never get anything again from them the girlfriend ended up ordering new beacons from them last year at a great price with no problems.

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
I recently placed a order over the weekend and had a question so I pm'd them on snowiest and sent a email via website. I received reply's within 24hrs from both messages.

Tracking info next day, Happy with my purchases.
Maybe Black Friday/Cyber Monday has them bogged down a little!

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
Replied to my email within 30 mins yesterday.

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
I ordered on black friday as well. Tried email over the weekend (they were closed obviously). Didn't hear back Monday, so I gave them a call yesterday and "all the representatives were helping others". Totally get that with them being a small company, so I left a message. Didn't hear back today so I gave them a call, still all representatives were busy. Gave them a final call and voicemail today around 3-4pm PST, didn't hear back. AFTER posting this post I finally heard back on ONE of my orders via email.... Sent an email back before I posted this, hopefully I hear back. :face-icon-small-fro

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
I had some stuff backordered that I wasn't expecting, Called with very little information on hand. Talked to someone and had an answer after 2 rings, stuff arrived by Friday. Ive talked to the owner at the snoshow, met with other reps, order all the time. They are VERY,VERY good with customer service! If they have the item I'm looking for, it's usually the hands down best price online, ships pretty fast, and they are good with returns. Give them the benefit of the doubt, they will make it right, just be patient and get ahold of someone when you can.

Pgritton

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Soda Springs
www.pgoutdoors.com
Ordered stuff Friday-arriving today

I ordered a jacket on Friday, 11-29, and according to UPS, it will arrive today. It will be a well traveled jacket however. I live in Idaho, and the Jacket will have been through six states on it's journey to me. SD, ND, MT, WY, UT and then ID.

ProTechMachining

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2008
Central Minnesota
I ordered a float 22 throttle from them on Monday. Never received a confirmation. Sent them an email Tuesday night. Got a response in less than an hour. Received the pack today, Thursday. I used the free shipping, but they sent it FedEx next day. I have contacted them in the past about orders and have always received a response.

I think they are top notch.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I am sure that they are swamped with there black Friday orders. I ordered a second CF 509 black Friday and received it today

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
Well i'm on a bitchfest today so i guess i'll add my experience.

Ordered monday, order STILL pending today (friday).
Tried calling several times, No answer ever.
Emailed this morning, finally got their a response.

Response was that 90% of the **** I ordered is on back order.
Well First place parts you responded the other day on these forums that your website pulls stuff off the site if unavailable.

That wasn't the case with my order, you took my money and then five days later you tell me you wont have the stuff for a month and a half at the earliest.

Another ****ING FAIL.

The Snowmobile industry is seriously lacking in business skills. I don't give a **** if this is the busiest time of the year. That's all the more reason to make sure your stocked with popular items. That has to be the most elementary rule of running a business. You had 6 months to get your **** ready for the two months of the year you actually sell ****.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We will be the first to admit, you can only plan so much, and your plan will never be right in retail. Especially for this industry. For example, Skinz products were back ordered for two years straight, now there is a surplus in most cases. Just part of being involved in a four month long season that is 100% based on weather, prediction, and guessing.

With that said, backorders are something dealt with throughout the season, some our fault and most not. We have had gear from EVERY company show up wrong time, wrong piece, etc this year, so not always the retailers fault. But as you know, most consumers do not see the back end of the company so it is our position as a dealer to inform consumers and stay on top of communication. We have several things on backorder now, but there is definitely a way to keep those people happy and understanding, and that is what we strive to do. Hope these situations get sorted out!

Well i'm on a bitchfest today so i guess i'll add my experience.

Ordered monday, order STILL pending today (friday).
Tried calling several times, No answer ever.
Emailed this morning, finally got their a response.

Response was that 90% of the **** I ordered is on back order.
Well First place parts you responded the other day on these forums that your website pulls stuff off the site if unavailable.

That wasn't the case with my order, you took my money and then five days later you tell me you wont have the stuff for a month and a half at the earliest.

Another ****ING FAIL.

The Snowmobile industry is seriously lacking in business skills. I don't give a **** if this is the busiest time of the year. That's all the more reason to make sure your stocked with popular items. That has to be the most elementary rule of running a business. You had 6 months to get your **** ready for the two months of the year you actually sell ****.

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
We will be the first to admit, you can only plan so much, and your plan will never be right in retail. Especially for this industry. For example, Skinz products were back ordered for two years straight, now there is a surplus in most cases. Just part of being involved in a four month long season that is 100% based on weather, prediction, and guessing.

With that said, backorders are something dealt with throughout the season, some our fault and most not. We have had gear from EVERY company show up wrong time, wrong piece, etc this year, so not always the retailers fault. But as you know, most consumers do not see the back end of the company so it is our position as a dealer to inform consumers and stay on top of communication. We have several things on backorder now, but there is definitely a way to keep those people happy and understanding, and that is what we strive to do. Hope these situations get sorted out!

Yup, I get it. Alot of the time It's out of the vendors hands with these backorder situations.

Just more or less a pissed off day for me and needed to vent. Communication is key, without it you have pissed off customers.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
ive ordered alot of stuff from them over the last few years and always got the stuff soon and if i ever had to return anything they were always very helpful and easy to work with. I love the store also they have a lot of products in store.

Premium Features