• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best knee pads??

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
I have a cheap pair of Fox ones that I have been wearing for years. The reason I got them was because I have 2 pins/screws on the inside of my knee. Needless to say after banging those a few times I pick up a pair similar to these at my local dealer for around 20 bucks. Just by looking at the gouges on them, worth every penny.
I am looking at moving into a newer pair with some knee bracing at some point though.

48138_md.jpg

R

Rev Kev

Nov 27, 2007
Lapeer Michigan
I too wear a pair just like posted by jmom, the ones mounted to the sled will not protect your knees if your knee does not contact the pad on the sled. We had one guy in our group several years ago, put a bolt end, from a bracket on his handle bars, right through his Knee, he had to make a trip to the Hospital for that. I also like having some shin protection as well, those running boards wreak havoc on the old unprotected shins:face-icon-small-coo

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
After smashing my knee a few times last year I wanna get a good set of knee pads. Just curious to see what everyone else I wearing. Thanks for your sugestions. :)

A cheap pair of CCM or Bauer knee pads is your best bet.

Yes. I wear my hockey pads snowmobiling because all the MX ones *SUCK* for snowmobiling.

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Fox makes another type that has 3 straps instead of just the two shown above. The three strap version stays in place a lot better. They have saved my shins from the running boards numerous times. Plus they are great when you need to kneel in the snow.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
All of the brands will take a impact well. But you need to find the one that is most comfortable when you kneel on the seat. This is something that you don't do on a dirtbike.

Oh yea good point.

I think my race face ones will be fine they are full slip on neoprene with D30 padding.

Another one that I think would work great is maybe the Leatte 3df knee pads.. I have the elbows and they are super comfy

http://www.leatt-brace.com/index.php/choose-your-sport/mx/leatt-3df-knee-guard

leatt-3df-knee-guard.jpg

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I use Thor MX ones, they have saved my kness/shins countless times. The first year I used them one of my riding buds was giving me crap about them and laughing at me, later that day he banged his shin hard on his running board, cut the skin a bit too. I call that karma, and let him know about it too. LOL.

C
Feb 28, 2011
thor

just bought a set of thor force guards for racing, and i think it will be pretty easy to get in the habit of wearing them all the time riding, seem well made and comfortable.

Premium Features