• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor Springs

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
On my 2011 pro, I always tried to run the springs to loose and I've lost a couple of spring retainers, resulting in scratched up springs and shocks. On my new 2013 they now have a rubber stopper that should help retainer to not fall off or softer bottom? I decided to upgrade my front springs and went with the Raptor Springs. They are 1.5" longer and initially softer, but stiffer when compressed.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Pretty easy install. Due to the 13 shocks being shorter, I had to have about 1/2" of preload on them. Haven't had them on the snow, but I like the black and I think they will give a better ride than the stockers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

IMAG0461.jpg IMAG0462.jpg IMAG0463.jpg IMAG0465.jpg

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Thumbs up from me for Raptor also!

Still dialing in my full set as I was bottoming out some today, but absolutely love them! The shocks take the abuse now instead of me

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
raptor springs

i have the whole kit on my 13, i changed all the springs and it is night and day difference the ride is softer and smoother, great upgrade for a good price

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
Your going to like them. Im running mine adjusted approx 3/4" tighter than the instructions say. No sway. They work well.

Stone

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
thanks for the post Goforbroke
i've been looking at these trying to decide weather to do springs or complete front shocks ? springs would be much nicer to my wallet :face-icon-small-win

ps i wonder is a guy can by springs and then upgrade and buy shocks without springs later ??? that would be cool

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I just ordered a kit for all 4 corners, I cat wait to install them, I've been riding lumber wagon sleds since 73 and I was hoping that the new pro would be a nice ride---wrong so I bit the bullett. pol doesn't offer a better shok package upgrade like doo does, and I think with all the compeitors being so close, pol is gonna have to step up their game and make a total sled with awesomeness from from to back, including suspension and hp. Right now some of our group are looking at buying a new ride in 2014, were testing all 3 brands, and looking at spending 0$s on upgrades like shocks and drop in kits to have a awesome sled, we know all sleds got their down falls but this year I've spent 3300$ in shok and drop in kit upgrades to have a awesome riding sled while voiding my warranty at the same time.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
They offer a base and a firm. I would take it the firm are for heavier riders and aggressive riding.
Base would be lighter rider under 200?

Premium Features