• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMX anybody

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
wish i had the coin, would be sweet. love that you guys are using the cast poo bulkhead. would hope this becomes an industry standard for all manufacturers!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mark that is awesome...but you SURELY need more pictures on your website. :) Eyecandy, man!!!!!

I know you have a lot...but there can never be too many. HAHA

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mark, I was just looking....is there a "spec page" so we can see some numbers and "stuff" for your chassis?

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Sick sleds for sure, if I had the coin I would have one no questions asked they have some excellent products

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
The Ferrari of sleds

They are awesome sleds, and a great local MT company. Personally, I could never afford one, but have seen a few around. Imagine a really lightweight, turboed Pro-RMK, with improved durability and handling.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't imagine a 385lb sled on 5 or 10lbs boost. CRAZY.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Can't imagine spending 35k on a sled that I could build for 25k. Just jealous I couldn't find the sucker to pay me.

sure if your building it for yourself you can maybe do it a little cheaper...but what business in their right mind would build and sell it for cost etc...how does that put food in their kids mouth...and if ya build it yourself where does the money come from for your own warrenty claims..??

i would build my own as well...but as well i would buy one of these sleds in a heartbeat if i could afford it...kudo;s to these guys,they have stuck it out for a cliche market and worked hard and have a SURPREME product...

Last edited:
D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
Can't imagine spending 35k on a sled that I could build for 25k. Just jealous I couldn't find the sucker to pay me.

How exactly do you figure for 25k. New pro rmk $13000 plus turbo $6500 then you need a new track $1000 new rear suspension with nice shocks $2500. New skis new a-arms new side panels and hood. Belt drive. New tunnel. Different seat.

There is no way you could build that sled for less if you went all new parts. You might come close if you started at a new bulk head. But even then it would get pricey in a hurry.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
For 25k I could build a sled from the ground up with a turbo. I know that when you do that you always have small building issues but still.

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
For 25k I could build a sled from the ground up with a turbo. I know that when you do that you always have small building issues but still.

How much is your time worth? Factor that in. If it takes
You 60 hours to put it together and tune it $42 times 60hrs that's 2500 bucks there.

If your time is worth $60 it's $3600.

I think if you really figured out the cost to build and tune an exact replica you would be pretty close on price.

W

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Just think a brand new sled with factory installed KMOD rear a turbo better than stock geomitry front suspension, Lt weight belt drive Hmm sounds like nothing left to do but RIDE..

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
True, Tuning and building a sled from the ground up you'd have some hours into it. Still think I could build a turbo sled for 25k with my time. Besides I could do it myself and I like building sleds. Built a few already. It would be mine though. Cant see building a sled like that and making a profit realistically because the price you'd have to charge. I just can't see spending that much on a non carbon sled.

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
sounds awesome, especially for guys like me who hate to wrench, don't want to wrench and feel wrenching just makes a day reall shietty.

Not everyone enjoys building or even wants to. And if i had to say it again, i hate wrenching.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I would like to see someone build a universal tube frame chassis for sleds. Something that would take your choice of engine, front end geometry, skid etc. Make is super simple with flat carbon fiber panels for body work or just flat sections of mesh for better air flow and cooling. Wreck it you just cut back to the first straight piece of tubing and weld in a repair section. Make it narrow, light, easy to work on. Really cool to run water through some of the tubing for cooling or inter-cooler. Building the first one would be costly but once you had a jig it would be relatively cheap to do.

R
Nov 26, 2007
I would like to see someone build a universal tube frame chassis for sleds. Something that would take your choice of engine, front end geometry, skid etc. Make is super simple with flat carbon fiber panels for body work or just flat sections of mesh for better air flow and cooling. Wreck it you just cut back to the first straight piece of tubing and weld in a repair section. Make it narrow, light, easy to work on. Really cool to run water through some of the tubing for cooling or inter-cooler. Building the first one would be costly but once you had a jig it would be relatively cheap to do.

We can only hope Cpt. Ron is going down this road.

Premium Features