• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride Reports!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Dan, it was nice to see ya. The snow was awesome !! We're heading back on Monday for another day trip. How did your buddy's sled work out ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Dan, it was nice to see ya. The snow was awesome !! We're heading back on Monday for another day trip. How did your buddy's sled work out ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Just a failed throttle safety switch, Glen at Spindrift had us fixed up for day two no problem.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks Kreg, yeah my regular spots are certainly a little ahead of their usual season start. It's gonna be a great year!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Got the first turbo ride in. Mostly trail riding because there is no new snow. When it runs it is frightening. When it runs....lol

On that note I had a few problems today. First the clamp that holds the Koso EGT sensor in the pipe decided to snap. That was followed by a fouled spark plug which I think was not working right from the start because after that the sled really came alive. Was side by side with my friends Rev 800 and he pinned the throttle, I bumped mine for about 3 seconds and was instantly 4 sled lengths in front of him. I'm not sure what the thing would do at 10 lbs of boost because by the time it gets to about 4 lbs you are already doing about 80 mph.

After that we stopped in at the Lolo warming hut and had steak with the Missoula Snowgoers and I took a spin on a New Cat M8. Couldn't really tell much because there wasn't enough snow to give it a good test.

Went a few miles after that and fouled the other plug...:face-icon-small-dis

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Happy New Years 900 guys and gals!
5th trip, days #9 & 10 so far this season
DSCF6045-1.jpg

S0016039-1.jpg

DSCF6079.jpg

DSCF6080.jpg

DSCF6081.jpg

S0046066.jpg

DSCF6116.jpg

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Got my 900 out for the second time this season on ride #4 and ran great other than the fact the snow was so deep and heavy that I had to run the crap out of it and actually melted my pull cord.... TWICE!!!!!! :eek: I looked at the spots where it melted and it could not have been touching anything.... and my sidepanel above the can started to melt too.... :eek::mad::( Other than that she ran great all day and was the only sled in the group to not get stuck!!!:D:D Man I love that 166:D:D:D:D:D

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Hey Seth, check your silencer for a loose baffle.

Dan, how do you keep your Ford's from getting stolen up your way?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Were your vents covered with snow? Deep Powder over the hood covering the vents is what melted mine. Just gotta open the hood and know the snow off every time you stop.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Were your vents covered with snow? Deep Powder over the hood covering the vents is what melted mine. Just gotta open the hood and know the snow off every time you stop.

It was up to the bumper and over the hood most of the time and wet and heavy so it stuck to the vents...

Stop? What is this stop your talking about???:confused:;):D

LOL, every time I stopped I opened the hood, but still.... it was heavy stuff and most of the sidehilling was done on the exhaust side further stopping any air flow.

No biggy, I'll order up a new pull cord and she'll be good to go again, Otherwise she ran great all day:D

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada

The second vid named "Holy Grail" was a recent trip to a true backcountry spot in Blue River, BC. It was by far the scariest place I have ever been with a snowmobile... narrow avy valleys on the access, climbing chutes to get to the alpine... good thing there wasn't alot of snow or I wouldn't have made it up I don't think.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
He parks a 900 RMK in the back of it. J/K Dan.

Dan, where were you riding in the first vid ? I had to laugh at the high speed shovel scene. I've had too many days like that, myself.

Lucille..... if your looking up the hill behind the cabin, I have a secret stash off to the right. We call it the trench warehouse lol

Premium Features