• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wide Running Board Kits for 900s...anyone interested???

S

svrdram

Jan 1, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I was just refering to progress in general. Wasn't expecting you to pop out a set of the 144 boards in a week. Thought you might have finished up a side in aluminum. Wasn't trying to be a prick about it, sry if it came out that way.

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
No problem. I'm a little tense about the whole deal and this text is so flippin dry. Half the time don't know what people are sayin or thinkin for that matter. I'm havin a hard time getting material, that's the hold up right now. It's supposed to be here on Wed the 17th. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
The stuff I got for this first batch is .120 wall 6061. I think the traction screws will bite a little bit better in the little thicker material. I wanted .095 but haven't located any. The next smallest they had was .083 and I think I would have hell welding the saddles. I will try this .120 wall and if it's too heavy I'll look for another source. I bought enough to build like 10 sets of boards though. These 900's take a lot of tubing because they run all the way to the back. I start with a 62" peice. We'll see what happens, may have to source some other tubing but I'm hoping this stuff works without being to terrible heavy.

S

svrdram

Jan 1, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Yea I'm a tig guy myself, spent many hours playing with welding different materials of varying thickness. Only issue I'd see is if the saddle is thinner then the rail it might try to "sag" on you (as you apply heat on the edge not the saddle its self) aluminum sucks to weld period. I get some batches thats just garbage. I wish you the best of luck....i might just have to buy a set of the 159 boards and mod the back end...hmmm

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ok guys, small update.

Chad has been trucking away on these boards in his free time getting some work done.

he should have a set completed to show pics of final product here VERY soon to show you all...

heres what i need...(for him)

--who is FOR SURE interested, and if you are we need to start thinking payment time to get the ball rolling on these..

he will not be able to punch these out during season cause he needs to ride, has to hunt, has a life of his own. so we would like to get these babies ordered up, paid for, shipped and you guys get them on BEFORE the snow flys...

please PM me with your info, payment forecast and anything you need from me/him on these boards and i will get you what you need...

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
Sean, look me up, I'll be in the ammo section of the ESC pulling everything back

If ya still need a mockup sled, my 151 is just gonna sit at the house for a year

I'm interested, but need em to fit

Btw....ft bliss still sucks ***

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
just got my running boards from Chad a few days ago..

they are SICK guys...just gotta do some fine tuning to them, mock them up (to cut the stock ones off) send them to powder coating and these babies will be ready to rock.

i will be using them on my 05 RMK 975 mod sled...it will finish the build for sure.

i will post back when i get them finished up..lifes been INSANE the last few months, but its time to focus on SLEDS now ;)

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
I have a set of boards that will fit a 6,7 or 900 with a u-cooler. This particular set doesn't run coolant in the rails back to a tunnel cooler. Give me a call for more info. Thanks, Chad 406-598-0601

S

ss_badaz

Dec 6, 2007
B.C."The Koots"
Ran the Skinz boards on another sled last season, man they do work great! was thinking those would be sweet on the 900 sure glad someone else is doing the R&D on this one, definitely interested in a set keep us posted.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Still waiting for those pics Guido.

boards are mounted and traction screws in place...i have been waiting to get them powder coated prior to showing pics. and want to file all the welds to make them "seemless"...but been uber busy lately.

they are AWESOME...and look just as great...

ill do what i can to get something for you guys.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ok guys,

heres the boards...PRE-powder coated...i have been extremely busy working on my 975 to get it done, so i can begin my 900 turbo sled...and then the other 900, and the 700 after that, lol....and alot going on in my life as well now too...so sorry its been such a long wait.

these boards are SICK, i love the look, the feel, stance...ect ect...i had chad weld a grip along the outta edge, but it was to aggressive, so i cut them off (cannot rivot in the outta tube since it has coolant) so after powder coating is complete (next week) i have another trick option i will try out first for outta rail grip, and post back when its done and mounted to the sled (also next week)

i hand filed EVERY weld on these boards to make the tubing "flow" so the powder coat would look cleaner...

if your interested in them, get with chad above and see what he can do for you...they are $$, but SICK and will be a HUGE improvement....and they are NOT easy to make from what i hear ;)

2011-10-13_10-36-44_197.jpg

2011-10-13_10-36-54_310.jpg

IMG_20111110_154645.jpg

IMG_20111110_154701.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ok guys,

i am very sorry for the very late pic posting, but FINALLY got my stuff from the local powder coater this weekend after he had it for 7 weeks!!!! good thing it was free ;)

so the boards came out AWESOME, and fit great, and are gonna be awesome addition to this STUPID monster 975, i can barely pull this beast over in the 60 degree garage, and i am 235lb man beast.

i had second thoughts on the outter traction setup chad put on these, so i cut them off and was gonna have aluminum heads (cut off the bolt shank of coarse) welded to the outte rail, but once i cut the old stuff off, i filed all the corner welds to make them "seem-less" and then the powder coater called me and said bring my stuff to him ASAP..

so never got the chance to do the bolt head idea..

so i had to come up with something else. found some outter rail traction sections by Fett Brothers, and used hose clamps (ill powder coat them later, lol) and they are VERY strong and wont budge for sure. so its a temporary fix unless i think something better, but think it will be just fine...im gonna wreck this sled anyways, HAHAHA ;)

mounted before outter traction strips instaled.
IMG_20111204_203400.jpg

after..
IMG_20111205_160324.jpg

IMG_20111205_160304.jpg

IMG_20111205_160225.jpg

Premium Features