• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

His & Her Pro's - Builds Almost Done

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
So in an attempt to be a nice husband and after my wife gave birth to our first baby boy I snowchecked her a 2011 Pro RMK 800 almost one year ago. I figured since I had what I thought was a kick *** mod sled (2007 RMK 797) I would get her a brand new PRO 800 and make it truly her own. In order to make sure I did not feel tempted to ride it and make sure she knew it was "her" sled we set it up specifically for her, valved the shocks for her, set the bars for her and wrapped with an ArcticFx wrap that she designed. In doing all this last fall and watching it come together my buddy Bryan at Woodside Motorsports in Hailey Idaho informed me that they were going to possibly put a 2011 Assault in the demo program and if I was interested we could work a deal on the Assault. As you could imagine I couldnt pass up the opportunity to build a sled up the way I wanted, have a great friend and a bad *** mechanic ride it, tune it and do product research on, so the build begin. Unfortunately I would not get my Assault until March 2011 but that was fine because my wife wasn't real thrilled with me buying another sled. My wife got her sled around Thanksgiving last year and she loves every aspect of it. As the season progressed we listened to feedback about different aftermarket products, how they worked, tried some, installed some and slowly put together a sled that was what I wanted and what we felt were the best products for the application. Normally in the past especially with the IQ chassis and Edge sleds I have been the guy to throw money at all sorts of different aftermarket products (tunnels, big bores, tracks, rails, shocks etc etc etc) to accomplish a desired goal, but what we found with the Pro chassis was that products that I would have previously called a necessity were not needed because the Pro was so good out of the box. Getting to the point, we worked with select aftermarket companies and in no way am I saying that these are the "end all be all" and the only way to go for the Pro chassis, but are incredibly great products. We did not change things that were unnecessary. Thank you to all the companies that helped out with the build and got us products in a timely fashion. In no way am I connected to any of these companies, none of them paid me and they definitely dont know I am or never asked me to advertise for them. I live by the code of give credit where credit is do and when a product works well for me (or a dealer) and does what it is suppose I push it and tell everyone I know. Hence the reason I drive 9hrs to Hailey Idaho from Big Horn Wyoming to work with Bryan at Woodside Motorsports, because they treat me well, I trust them and I know I get a working quality product. So thanks to Jordan and the crew at ArcticFX for doing our custom wraps, they are so professional and make the cleanest wraps I have found. Adam, Dustin and the boys at SLP, thanks for the help with getting the SLP Single pipe, clutching (71g MTX are killer, blue pink primary, back to stock secondary spring), mapping etc done and done right, this sled rips and has been trouble free. Fire N Ice vents - awesome product, look great and work even better. The vent combo we went with is great in keeping snow out, heat out and keeps a very positive air flow thru the engine, thanks Paul. RSI components - Thanks for helping us out, they provide a comfort level and make top notch control parts. C&A Pro Skis - thanks for giving us the opportunity to have a one off ski and we think very highly of the new MTX ski. Performs flawless, floats amazing, sidehills with ease, doesnt push in the corners and they are super durable. Most people think our skis are kind of ugly, but we think they are patriotic and loud and that is my M.O. <LOUD>. Rob and Rich at Better Boards - they aren't on yet but they have been made and will be installed soon. I held out cause I did not want to believe this chassis needed them but it absolutely benefits this chassis. Great Products and Rob and Rich were so easy to work with. The wifes sled will be getting custom pink boards and the Assault gets HD blue boards. Skinz Products - thanks for getting us the bumpers we wanted. The strongest, best fit and finish we found. Both sleds are psuedo done as the Assault may be getting a Turbo soon, and some ARSFX A-Arms. WRP did a custom one off seat cover for my wifes sled that incorporates our company logo. Awesome seat - it was a pleasure working with WRP. Again thanks to all the companies we worked with and remember there are tons of great aftermarket companies out there, we just chose products that worked the best for us after research and comparison. If you made it this far in my blab about how much we love our Pro's and the build here are some pictures as a reward. I will sell both of these sleds if someone wants them worse than I do.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

1013101006.jpg 1224101321.jpg 1224101322.jpg 0111111855.jpg 0111111857.jpg 0207111710.jpg 0214111135.jpg 0216111215.jpg 0219111406.jpg 0220111222.jpg 0222111847.jpg IMG_0032.jpg

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Very nice, and how fun! :face-icon-small-coo

Love your wife's sled. She did awesome with the design!! :cheer2:

Also...good on you for caring enough to do this for your wife. :beer; All too often the wife sees the old beater hand-me-down, then the husband wonders why his wife doesn't like riding.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
aebsledder - No not at all gay cause my wifes sled is awesome and if the wrap didnt have the pink in it I like her wrap better as well. We have yet to pick out some skis for her sled cause we can not find something she likes. The grippers are okay but we will probably do slydog's new 8" ski for her. And I wouldn't trust anybody but Bryan to take care of my sleds.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
I kind of elluded to the fact that Bryan at Woodside is responsible for all of this but I truly mean it when I say that he is as knowledgable as anyone I have ever met. He is honest and knows a sled like the back of his hand. Special thanks to him for putting all the time in to this build and hopefully he has enjoyed riding it as much as I have building it. If your in the area go check out Woodside Motorsports in Hailey and say hi to Bryan - you can see this sled there in person.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
Skinz Front Bumper Installed

The Skinz front bumper is awesome and looks amazing - assuming it is as good as the other Skinz front bumpers I have had I am sure it will be a good purchase.

attachment.php

Skinz Front Bumper on Assault.jpg

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
LOOKING SWEEET MAN !

hey just a heads up my buddy did the pipe kit on his and has the same vents as your lady and in deep carving he burned a hole in his vent and melted some plastic on the top of the can :face-icon-small-sad
you need heat tape and or a alum. brace on the inside of the pannel would be nice

Premium Features