• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which brand will generate the most over dressed parking lot poser?

Which brand will most likely generate a highly dressed poser

• Polaris

Votes: 288 16.8%
  • Artic Cat

Votes: 648 37.8%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 199 11.6%
  • Ski doo

Votes: 580 33.8%

• Total voters
E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I hope your speaking in general terms. Because I do ride a dirt bike, infact I use to race. I own a turbo Yami and actually climb with it and no I don't wear a helmet on my harley and do wear a skull cap and no I'm not fat.:D

and I payed 20g for a bike running 1940s technology then added a few more grand for the springer Fr end to drop it to 1930s technology to really look the part

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Cat wins because the posers know it will get them highest on the hill, and make them look like they should be wearing the monster helmet, stickers, and Neon coat

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
I said cat without a doubt because here at U of I in Moscow I see ALOT of people wearing cat gear that have never been on a sled in their life!

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I never bought brand riding gear because if I ever switched then I would have to buy all new gear. I guess I am a little bit of a poser becasue I want the stuff to look good and keep me warm & dry. My first time ever out west we were in an area playing and some guys came by with their Carharts & helmets with the half shields on. They just went by us on the hill. It looked like they were on 500 fan cooled sleds, but I bet they could out ride us. I went out west a couple of years and there was a guy that was a die hard Polaris guy. Every year it was a new sled & new riding gear -helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots, socks - everything he wore was Polaris and I mean everything. We were joking around one night that he probably has stock in Polaris - and he said it with a straight face. Yes I do. Made me laugh. But you did not want to borrow anything of his because he was very meticulous with all of his stuff so you did not want to take a chance of wrecking anything because we did not know how he would react. There is a tiny town near where I live that it is just a gas station & resturaunt. I hate going by there or even going in there to eat. It is like whenever I go through everyone is eye balling me - what sled does he drive, what does he wear. There are always a ton of Polaris sleds there. The one time we stopped by and ate I think I was the only Ski Doo out of what seemed like 100 sleds. Ok last one. Went out west with a couple of different guys and they brought anouther guy with that I did not know. With all the talking he did on the way out I thought this will be fun I will learns some stuff. He was talking about when he raced & all of his jumping. He had an M8 with this & that on it. Huge disappointment. I had only been riding now 3 or 4 years then and I could go the same places he went. I listened to him talk for 16-18 hours on the drive out there. To me that was a poser. If you are going to brag and talk yourself up - back it up then. Do what you say you will do.

C

classic-indy

Dec 4, 2009
Vancouver, BC. Canada
10 yrs ago, 8/10 people around here would ALWAYS be wearing there Polaris jackets. Because of this I voted Polaris, however, now I don't notice any particular brand in the area being worn more than another. Although, last year I saw a man in a matching black leather suit. Not sure if it was Ski-doo, but I think he only rode to the greasy spoon to be seen in the suit..... Can't see a leather suit being comfortable to ride in.

The sled I learned to ride was a 1972 Olympic, and my dad still had the matching YELLOW helmet with the checkers on the side the 1 piece suit and the three finger leather gloves. I can tell you right now IF I still had that sled I would dawn the full outfit and blip the throttle around the parking lot!!!!

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
Crap! I finally broke down and got a new orange Klim jacket to match my Assault Pro snowcheck after wearing mismatch sh!t forever. Now I'll have to drive over it a few times with my truck and put a tear in it and patch it with duct tape after reading this post!

J

jbsleds

Feb 15, 2009
Idaho
Aw S**T Now I'm really confused!

Crap! I finally broke down and got a new orange Klim jacket to match my Assault Pro snowcheck after wearing mismatch sh!t forever. Now I'll have to drive over it a few times with my truck and put a tear in it and patch it with duct tape after reading this post!

x2!

We got back into snowmobiling a couple of years ago after 10 years away from the sport. Bought a couple of used sleds, some cheap jackets and helmets, and pulled out my 20 year old bibs and sorel pacs. Haven’t done a whole lot of riding since our return, but have enjoyed every minute we’ve done. Been lurking on snowest forum and trying to figure it all out. Decided that we might upgrade our clothing this year and so have been reading posts here. Lots of great info! Have learned about base layers, mid layers, fleece, layering, event, gore tex, ventilation, patterning, and ipod pouches (my sony walkman cassette doesn’t fit in them!) Spending hours in dealerships trying on different brands and sizes. Wow, waterproof, breathable, durable, good looking and very expensive! Been thinking recently that we might be ready to make some purchases. And then I read this post. Great! Now what do I do? Want to be warm and dry, but don’t want to look like a poser. Can’t have the same brands or colors. Colors can’t match sled or others in the group. Maybe no colors at all, just all black. Different bibs, coat, gloves and helmets. Put some duct tape on it. Smear on a little grease. Rub up against the tree in the backyard and roll around in some dirt before wearing it out in public. Definitely can’t wear it in the parking lot. Have to roll it all up in a ball and tie it to the sled with some rope. Ride away in our shirt sleeves and put it on a mile or so away. Same thing when we return. And don’t let anyone take pictures of you wearing it, they might end up posted here! Geez!
Oh well, we’re buying the new stuff anyway! It’ll all be the same brand and the colors will match us and our sleds. If you see us cruising slowly along the trail, or sitting at the bottom of the hill watching the big dogs climb and you think we look like posers, so be it. We’ll be warm, dry, comfy, and enjoying this amazing sport and the places it takes us!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I wear Klim pants, FXR boots and an orange FXR Jacket. I wear Klim pants becasue they keep me dry and are durable as hell, I wear them fomr riding, working on my sled, and snow boarding. They smell like race gas, are stained, and are still the best most comfortable pant I've worn. I wear an orange jacket purly for visibility and safety, I see no problem with people wearing quality branded sled wear as it does not make them a "poser". Wearing sled gear while drinking beer in a parking lot makes them a poser.

No it doesn't. It makes you done with your ride for the day....LOL

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
100_0700.jpg

Need I say more?:p:p

*NOTE* SEE THE NMFH?

Comedy Central right there.

Thanks for the laugh LMFAO.

Premium Features