• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FBF Throttle/ oil cables

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Guys, I am sorry to report that I have not received the cables yet, all I can do is hope they show up at my door this week. The tracking system has not been updated since Dec 31 and the cables are somewhere in transit. I will check with a live customer service rep to see what's going on. I'm sure the Holiday season rush has played a role in the delay as well.
FBF.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
FBF is a great guy to deal with..

This cable should be on any 900/755 that is out there for reliable performance.

This cable is worth the wait.... I'm sure that he's leaning on his supplier and you will be happy soon.

It is good to see the sharp innovators like FBF make products like this that the big companies just cant seem to put out there.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Thank you for your support Mountainhorse.

Good news is that today I received 2/3 of the total cables ordered and I have been able to package most of the orders and will be shipping them out tomorrow. I will be sending pm's with your tracking numbers.
Thank you for your patience.

FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Have a look at www3.telus.net/fbfcable
This will give you an idea of where to look to see what shape your old one is in.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
It's not too complicated, but it can't be rushed. Not recommended if you have to do it outside in the cold...

I have regular cables available and ready to ship so let me know.
FBF

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
You don't have to remove the primary just to find out if your old one is T-U.
Use a flashlight and have a look below the throttle body, you will be able to see the oil pump lever. Hit the throttle from idle to wot and release it while looking at the oil pump lever. If the lever does not come back all the way back and seems to stick at different places every time you go to wot back to idle, your oil pump cable has suffered the same faith as all the rest of them and needs to be replaced. I have to say that I did not attempt to change the cable without taking the primary off and I don't know if it can be done???

FBF

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Many will not return unless the the engine is running.. even with the FBF cable.. it is the nature of the pump.. not the cable.

That being said... most of the stock oil cable are shot by now..

Also, IMO.. the FBF cable should be on all 900/755 sleds.

Get em while their hot!!

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
"You don't have to remove the primary to change the cable."

It must be some finger gymnastic to remove the factory oil cable with the primary still on ???

I have never tried, in fact the first thing I do when I get in there is pull the primary and secondary to have a good look at everything, and I make it a habit to re-torque the primary once in a while.
FBF.

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Yes you do, you will also need a breaker bar or a crescent wrench with an extension pipe for lever. You will also need a way of blocking the primary from turning while you reef on the clutch puller. The clutch should come off with a bang which is a good thing.
FBF.

Premium Features