• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo newbie

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
I got a 07D7 RMK and have been playing with the idea about putting a turbo on it, but are there bolt on kit's out there or do you have to have a degree in brainsurgery to know how you do the rebuilt?
Tips, hint's, pic's and experiences wanted:beer;:)

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
If you buy a brand name complete kit the install will be pretty straight forward. The hardest part will be having to cut the end of your stock pipe and weld on the new end. Everything else is "bolt on". If your concerned about the cutting and welding, talk to the different suppliers and maybe one will do a pipe exchange with you.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i just ordered my boondocker turbo. i was talking to CODEREDPERFORMANCE AND JKINZER here on snow west, if you need info on what to buy ask them. they were verry help full . from what i herd the boondocker come in seperat bags for each step you have to do so you dont end up with a pile of parts. the hardest part will be welding the exhaust and the new turbo flange togeather.
there are lots of other good kits out there but this kit just seems like the cleanest looking and thats what im going for

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
I got a 07D7 RMK and have been playing with the idea about putting a turbo on it, but are there bolt on kit's out there or do you have to have a degree in brainsurgery to know how you do the rebuilt?
Tips, hint's, pic's and experiences wanted:beer;:)

also if you want step by step pics of an install just PM JKINZER he has all of his

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Get a hold of Justin (SnowJW) on here. he can answer your questions and set you up with a good kit to fit your needs.
adam

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Do it! You will love it!

Thanks for all the feedback guys:beer;:) I'll contact the people as recomended and take it from there. Maby it'll be a "whooooos whooooos" installed before the snow really sets in

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I checked out those 28 pages of instructions, didn't see an intercooler in there, did I miss something or is there no intercooler w/that pump gas set-up on a D-7?:confused:

Also is there an alternative to dumping the exhaust out by your right footwell/tunnel as shown in the pics?:(

No intercooler needed and footwell only, works great.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
No intercooler needed and footwell only, works great.

Does BD offer an intercooler for that set-up. I would think it's gotta help??

I've got a 2007 Supercharged Sea-Doo, went from the stock internal (inside the intake manifold, like the Cummins) to an external Intercooler and 3x the size, claimed +25 h.p. and feels like it.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Does BD offer an intercooler for that set-up. I would think it's gotta help??

I've got a 2007 Supercharged Sea-Doo, went from the stock internal (inside the intake manifold, like the Cummins) to an external Intercooler and 3x the size, claimed +25 h.p. and feels like it.

I would go through snowjw. He is a great guy to deal with, and really knows his stuff. He will get you setup with everything you need including gauges and clutching. He will also be able to set you up with the mini cooler setup for the pump gas kit.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i just ordered my boondocker turbo. i was talking to CODEREDPERFORMANCE AND JKINZER here on snow west, if you need info on what to buy ask them. they were verry help full . from what i herd the boondocker come in seperat bags for each step you have to do so you dont end up with a pile of parts. the hardest part will be welding the exhaust and the new turbo flange togeather.
there are lots of other good kits out there but this kit just seems like the cleanest looking and thats what im going for

any time i needed some pipe welding i marked the cut with the pipe on, removed, cut it up and mounted it, then used c clamps snug but not tight and made markings then took it to a muffler shop and weld it with the markings lined up they usually do it for free or a couple bucks to the slush fund. if you have the sled in the truck and they arnt busy they might do some tacks on the sled with the bolts hand tight then remove it and they will full weld.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
:beer;Hey dudes...Ilooked at Coderedperformance...and
what the heck there was a picture of me.....-Turbos
Thanks Justin....Im famous now...:face-icon-small-hap

No problem LOL that was a great pic for sure!!! Glad to help you out with your clutching and such.

Stem shoot me over a list of questions you may have no matter how many at justin@coderedperformance.com and I will go through them and answer them one by one. The kit is bolt on no major surgery is needed on the Boondocker kit. I have a few kits in Norway and Sweden and more shipping around the end of this month.

Premium Features