• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled OEMs analogy in "Redneck Terms"

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
All sled manufactuers have there own idenity. Allot like women (or men) do. So in order to help those newbies decide on which brand to buy (date/marry) i would purpose the buying decision similar to dating the special gal or dude.

The following analogy explains the sled dating/buying process:

Yamaha: It is like the girl your mom or dad wanted you to date. safe reliable and has allot qualities of refinement. I little on the heavy side....but still attractive. It's the safe choice. Styles hardly change.The girl next door you could say.

Polaris: It's the girl that has been beaten out recently by its cuter girlfriend (ski-Doo) the last little while but still has potential. She had the "bad " showing a few years back at the country club (aka the 900 rmk) and is still recovering from that. The scars are there. She's the kind of girl who has a history and some "issues" but is still worth a swing at. And MAY have some serious upside in the future. She could be a physcho hose beast or could be Cindy Crawford in 2010....

Arctic cat: You don't know what you'll get. It very attractive at times (lightwieght) and sometimes really suprises you. Other times she goes into hibernation for awhile and it's a dud. You could say she has some mental issues. But when good it's good. She may need a shrink type of deal...

Ski-Doo: The high maintence one! She is beautiful, performs well but is pricy and if not treated right will flat just won't work. When it does work....well it's the best there is. But when it is not its the worst thing you can imagine. High maintence woman. Has a short fuse, snobby, and yet you love it!

Honda....could be the best out of all the above. but the make-up hasn't come off yet.

redline....mysteriously appeared in some "magazine" a dissappeared. Like a child hollywood star. Allot of promise and then...BANG! Off the tracks on on drugs.

Last edited:
H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
Nope. people always ask me what they should buy. And I have found, honestly, that this explains it without getting into great detail about specs and opinions on each brand. Seriously!

IMO this is exactly how i would describe this to someone who is gettting into sledding.
Do you want reliablity = yamaha.
Do you want all round = polaris
best performance , lightest ect = ski-doo
A mixed bag = arctic cat

Wrap a girl/man dating analogy around the premise above and whalah....it is easily understood!

you can't thave it all. but just like a good woman or man...you take what you get and put up with bad.

Unless your gay...then you may be able to ride both sides of the fence as far as trade offs for one brand over the other. Or you could just buy a ski-doo paint it pink and dress like Elton John.

But in a crowd of riders like the billy bobs i go with....you may be alone....on your pink hooptie.

Last edited:
C
Oct 3, 2008
Bend Oregon
Snowhawks: She is the girl with one leg. Although limited by one leg she can hop around really fast. Date this girl if you want people to gawk at you and yell things like, "keep it in the circus", "what the hell".....!

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
Only one leg...and "keep it in the circus", "what the hell".....!

you could find those words laced together ONLY on a sled forum!!!

You can usethe analogy how you like. It is the internet. It's all free....

Snowhawk = It like the blind date you friends set you up on. You have an idea of what she'll be like but nobosy really knows.Could be good could be bad. But once you have bought it....you own it! So you are either the smartest or the dumbest guy on the block.

Last edited:
H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
You sig says, Pro X polaris you ride Shortstop?

And then you said, "I agree for the most part, good post."

being a Polaris owner you agree for the "most part" because MAYBE the Polaris marriage you have is under some stress??? I can see the hot looking ski-doo rider's sled has your wife's/sled skirt still ruffled.

Like Yoda said, "Anger in you i see, yes. Ski-doo mad it has made you. Come will time when Polaris on top it will be."

Btw. Just having some fun with you Shortstop. Don't kidney punch me.

Last edited:
H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
"John Deere, Kawasaki, Scorpion, Evinrude = The old women that died long ago!!" =

Those 'Special' gals that hang out in the clubs. a little older but may strike at an MUCH younger man. Those in the "know" know the name to these special sleds/gals...COUGARS!!! They are still cool to look at and admire in some ways, BUT once recently ridden you realize how LONG and out OF DATE that ride is!!!

Same goes for women that are looking at older late model men, "cougars". Code name...BOARS. Ecexpt unlike cougars they are gross! Not cool to look at and you wouldn't want to ride/date that if even if you were paid. highly.

Last edited:
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
You sig says, Pro X polaris you ride Shortstop?

And then you said, "I agree for the most part, good post."

being a Polaris owner you agree for the "most part" because MAYBE the Polaris marriage you have is under some stress??? I can see the hot looking ski-doo rider's sled has your wife's/sled skirt still ruffled.

Like Yoda said, "Anger in you i see, yes. Ski-doo mad it has made you. Come will time when Polaris on top it will be."

Btw. Just having some fun with you Shortstop. Don't kidney punch me.

Whoever makes the sled I like best is what I'm gonna buy, I don't care if it says Ski-Doo, Polaris, Yamaha, Cat or Shur-Fine. :D Kidney punch! :face-icon-small-win

M

McLuvin

Oct 29, 2008
H.I. You've got a lot of time on your hands. Funniest thread in a long time. Thanks.

H

H.I. McDunna

Dec 18, 2007
I sleep about 4 to 6 hours a night. i have allot fo time to think.

and I am bi-polar/schizofrentic and slightly parinoid.

So watch out. i may trace you IP address in my spare time and steal all you personal infor mation and post it here on the forum. Like I already know you last name is either, Thompson, smith or anderson. AND that you like to snowmobile....

Pretty sharp aint i!!!!!

You can kidnety punch me. No low blows in the frontal region. over.

Premium Features