• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crank case seal?

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Has anyone ever replaced the crank case seal behind the primary on their m100t? If so, roughly what does this job entail? Is the seal captured like it is on a two stroke?

Mine got damaged upon the sudden failure of belt #5.

Sent from my iPhone w/ Tapatalk

J

jayman

Nov 26, 2007
Has anyone ever replaced the crank case seal behind the primary on their m100t? If so, roughly what does this job entail? Is the seal captured like it is on a two stroke?

Mine got damaged upon the sudden failure of belt #5.

You have to pull the motor and pull the oil pan off, Remove flywheel using proper fly wheel puller, Remove bottom of Crank case Half.And then change the Crank seal.....Not a fun Job

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
That should be a warranty fixed problem. Unless you have a 2012 that might be out of warranty. I will never pull an 1100t motor again unless I absolutely have too. Done it twice now and it's I big job.

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
I didn't even take the sled home. It is at the dealers shop right now.

I would like to come up with some sort of a solution to partially prevent future seal failures though. Might be as simple as an o-ring slipped over the shaft, or a small aluminum ring sweated on right up near the seal.

Premium Features