• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dynojet auto tune

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
I put the auto tune set up on m nypex and it does not seem to be working. The map comes up with all zeros and the program also shows the auto tune is not running.

System power is green.

Any advice before I call dynojet Monday?

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Auto tune will only show running with the laptop connected and the machine on or running.
If your map shows all zeros, have you set the parameters to which you want the auto tune to run?

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Auto tune will only show running with the laptop connected and the machine on or running.
If your map shows all zeros, have you set the parameters to which you want the auto tune to run?

It is connected and running and I have figured out that auto tune will not work if all zeros are showing. However I don't know how to set the parameters. The instructions are not useful!

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
It's pretty easy, just highlight the area, or areas where you want the same afr, and type it in. Go through every area based on either rpm and or boost. Once done hit save and then send.
You can go back and adjust anytime, just remember to save your maps and send them.
I keep a copy of my original so I can always go back to it..

pelon,

Great help here from fellow members who are knowledgeable about Dynojet products.
The system power light in SW will turn on anytime your sled is running.

The green LED indicating AUTOTUNE RUNNING in the lower right of the Software will illuminate when:

1) The AT is hooked up correctly and is relaying data real time to the PCV and Software. [NOTE: The small light on the enclosure of the Autotune device will flash until the Sensor is heated up also during this time the reading in SW will not be live). Once it is fully heated, the light will go to solid and you will see a live AFR reading]
2) The Autotune feature is checked to enable
3) The cell tracer moving through the table corresponding to operating conditions of the machine (TP/RPM or Boost/RPM) is in a cell populated with a Target AFR value. If there is a zero in the Target table, the green LED will not turn on as AT is not hunting for any target.

If you have the feature checked, and are getting live reading in SW but the Autotune Running light is not illuminating, it sounds like the last piece of the puzzle (target AFR values) is left to complete. In the upper left side of your screen, click on the table for Target AFR. In this table (whether TP/RPM based or Boost/RPM based) click in the cells you wish to enter a target AFR value you would like your machine's engine to run at. This table essentially parallels an Excel spreadsheet so you can click/hold/drag to select many cells at once, or copy/paste if needed as well. A value of Zero in this table means that AT will not hunt for any value - and the AT running light will not be on. Also noteworthy, is that Dynojet does NOT recommend inserting Target Values in the 0%, 2% and sometimes even the 5% columns on any vehicle.

For great tutorials and more information, check out our Dynojet Youtube channel. Here is a specific one regarding Autotune. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOi9NHRv7jE

Thank you for your interest in Dynojet Products.
~T.J.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Thanks for all the help everyone. I was able to do all the things above after some trial and error. However now, I'm trying to understand the best way to get auto tune to hit target AFR numbers. If I enable auto tune, set the AFR parameters, and go out and test the sled, shouldn't auto tune be making adjustments for my target AFR?

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Thanks for all the help everyone. I was able to do all the things above after some trial and error. However now, I'm trying to understand the best way to get auto tune to hit target AFR numbers. If I enable auto tune, set the AFR parameters, and go out and test the sled, shouldn't auto tune be making adjustments for my target AFR?

It will attempt to hit your target. But it can only adjust 20% each time. You need to go in and accept the trims. Then save and send. That will also reset your trims to zero and allow auto tune to adjust another 20%. It will take a few times and you will see some big adjustments at first, but then they will start to get smaller and smaller.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
It will attempt to hit your target. But it can only adjust 20% each time. You need to go in and accept the trims. Then save and send. That will also reset your trims to zero and allow auto tune to adjust another 20%. It will take a few times and you will see some big adjustments at first, but then they will start to get smaller and smaller.

Thank you ...... I' ll give it a try!

Premium Features