• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOW TO PRIME THE FUEL PUMP ON POLARIS CFi

R

rideh2o

Oct 16, 2001
Polson, Montana
Molex plug from Tower Hobbies incorrect part # !

I ordered two packages of the molex connectors that Mountanhorse listed above from Tower Hobbies.

That connector is way too small!

I guess I have extra connectors :eek:

RideH2o

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
rideh2o,

That connector is way too small!

Too small for what??

If you were expecting it to plug into the factory harness... no it will NOT plug into it.

Probably my bad for not being clear on that

Get a couple of the charging plugs too.. One to splice into your sled... the other to charge the pack with a 1 amp or less trickle charger..

The connectors were listed to plug into the battery pack listed in the post, not into the harness. This keeps you from needing to cut the connector off of the end of the pack.

You would have to splice the Tower Hobbies connector into the factory harness so that you can plug the battery pack into the harness.

Splicing so that the factory plug is still intact and functional for dealer service if needed.

If you are looking for the mating plug for the facory pump prime plug, I have no idea where to find that. I've seen other similar plugs, but none that match exactly.

=================
This connector fits into ....
connector.jpg

This Pack...
pack.jpg

Not into the sleds harness.

R
Aug 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
We think we might have a bad fuel pump on a sled that we had to leave on the hill. Would trying to prime the fuel pump be an easy way to figure out if the fuel pump works? There's no fuel pressure so any help would be great!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
We think we might have a bad fuel pump on a sled that we had to leave on the hill. Would trying to prime the fuel pump be an easy way to figure out if the fuel pump works? There's no fuel pressure so any help would be great!

yes that would be the way to test it. try to prime it and see if you have pressure if you do the pump is good.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, the connector on the 900's .... can you access this with the fuel tank mounted or do you have to remove the fuel tank?

I can't figure out where this connector even is ....

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Ok, the connector on the 900's .... can you access this with the fuel tank mounted or do you have to remove the fuel tank?

I can't figure out where this connector even is ....

You should be able to fish it out with everything together. If you don't really know what to look for it can be a little difficult but it is possible. It is a small two-pin connector with red and brown. I would wait for someone to post a better idea of where to look to start with, I don't have my sled nearby.

R

rmk700rules

Oct 17, 2009
ok i did a turbo install on my 07 d7 and i got it all in and trying to start my sled, and it wont have non of it, i tried that priming the system thing and well that seems to not work, the pump comes on but it wont start, was wondering when you take the cap off for the bleed off if it should spray gas without being pressed cause mine is, is it probable that i mixed the gas tank up when putting it in the sled and the lines are backfeeding? i havent found anything on the internet about it. anyone have any suggestions

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
ok i did a turbo install on my 07 d7 and i got it all in and trying to start my sled, and it wont have non of it, i tried that priming the system thing and well that seems to not work, the pump comes on but it wont start, was wondering when you take the cap off for the bleed off if it should spray gas without being pressed cause mine is, is it probable that i mixed the gas tank up when putting it in the sled and the lines are backfeeding? i havent found anything on the internet about it. anyone have any suggestions

The 2 lines are different sizes, so I doubt that they are on backwards, but you should check them. Your pressure relief should not be spraying fuel unless pressed in.

R
Nov 20, 2009
prolly a silly question but could I use a battery charger that has a 12 volt @ 2 amps.? Or would a car battery work, don't have a 12 volt pack.
thanx in advance!
Redd

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
prolly a silly question but could I use a battery charger that has a 12 volt @ 2 amps.? Or would a car battery work, don't have a 12 volt pack.
thanx in advance!
Redd

when i prime my pump, i pull the 12vdc battery from my streetbike and clip the aligator clips on it with the leads from my multi-meter...works great every time...but last time the wires did get pretty HOT from the current pull??

ive even used my jumper pack to prime the pump...as long as its 12vdc, your money ;)

Premium Features