• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2860rs .64 vs .86a/r spool up

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
i have a 08 700 dragon iam wondering whats going to be a better turbo for me iam after the fastest spool for boondocking running max of 12psi of boost. obviously the 64 is going to spool faster but ive been seeing people saying its hard on the rings from pipe pressure from the smaller a/r is there a better option than the 2860 thats in the same price range

sounds like the aero 53 is ideal for me because they spool crazy fast but i hear alot of horror story bout them comeing apart so i think iam going to stay away from them

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
.86 is the only way to go with a 2 stroke turbo.

What Justin said. Ride a well set up sled with the right clutching and the spools up time is not noticable.

the .64 well give you to much pipe pressure and cause Deto.

If you want to run 12psi of boost walk away from the Aero.

I dont care how fast they spin up it wont do you any good sitting in the trailer with a burnt up turbo.

I ran a 2871 .86 on my M7 and I felt no lag I thought it was much more snappy on the bottom end almost like a 4-stroke. But I spent lots of time understanding the clutching behind a turbo and custom ground my own weights.

Just my 2 cents

Mike

Premium Features