For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Boosted Sleds (Turbo or Supercharged) Turbo discussion for Yamaha aftermarket Turbo or Super Charged sleds.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Currently: waiting for snow
arcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation RX1 MCxpress Tuning?

So I got this Rx1 with mcxpress turbo system. Has BOV and fuel pressure regulator. Guy said it was the sled of the year back at the big iron shoot out back in the day. Silver fiberglass hood says "RX #1" and has red stick on flames. Anyways, he has ran only AV gas 100 its whole life, 4000 miles, he said the turbo was installed when the sled was new.

As of now it has a EGT gauge back by the turbo. I was to put a A/F gauge and a gauge in the fuel line to see what it has for fuel pressure.

Was told it has head shim. He ran 12-20 lbs of boost all on av gas. He said he tuned the fuel pressure the way the motor ran.

My main questions are is the EGT located in the rear of the sled even accurate? And where would I mount the A/F ratio gauge? at the manifold? Or just before or after the turbo?

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Will

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Currently: Not set.
Givemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond reputeGivemeaboost has a reputation beyond repute

I have a midmount and I put the sensor bung about three inches from the turbo above the exit through the tunnel.

Ken..........

Last edited by Givemeaboost; 02-07-2018 at 09:09 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Currently: It's 10 years old,12'long,700lbs, 350hp
sledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond reputesledfvr has a reputation beyond repute

I've owned 3 different turbo rx-1s. I would run it and see and if it is tuned right. You might not need to mess with it. Tune them in right once and don't touch anything. The main issues with rear mounts is cracked exhaust and worn out exhaust doughnuts.
They will still outrun everything on the hill. If you have issues pm me. And yes put the afr gauge after the turbo, not before.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Currently: waiting for snow
arcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond reputearcticcatwill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledfvr View Post
I've owned 3 different turbo rx-1s. I would run it and see and if it is tuned right. You might not need to mess with it. Tune them in right once and don't touch anything. The main issues with rear mounts is cracked exhaust and worn out exhaust doughnuts.
They will still outrun everything on the hill. If you have issues pm me. And yes put the afr gauge after the turbo, not before.
Thanks for the info, He said it was running 20lbs of boost. I would like to run 12-14 just because I would like to adjust it depending on the day. Hard pack it just spins the track and get of control. It has a 162 maverick on it thats pretty worn and chewed up. I was thinking a 162x15x2.5 CE if I can get one. And maybe go from the King Cat rear skid to a 2011 m8 skid with the float.

Rate this post: Yes | No