• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hidden Gems meeting with Eagle County Gov on Tuesday 8/25!

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
BugIto
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2007

"Sean,

I just found out that the Eagle County commissioner meeting agenda for next week has Susan Kincade as a speaker for Hidden Gems. I'm sure she will be pushing the proposed plan to the commissioners. I plan to attend an contribute where I can. Our county commissioners are all Democrat, so this needs to be addressed at a delicate level. I do think that they care about the wellfare of the county people, so I haven't given up yet. "

Lance, I thought I would borrow this from you. The Hidden Gems are going to have a public meeting with the Eagle County Commsioners on this coming Tuesday the 25th. It appears to be the last thing on the agenda that day. If any one can make this meeting please do so! All you have to do is show up by 1:30 and you should be fine. We need to have voices at this meeting so these people have to at least tell the whole story and not just bits and pieces they have hand picked and sugar coated. Obviosly it helps if you live in Eagle County but you do not have to live in Eagle county to get up and speak. Anybody can get up and speak and ask questions.

This meeting is huge. If you can attend please do so.
Here is the link to the commsioners agenda for tuesday. It is the last thing that day.
http://www.eaglecounty.us/news.cfm?id=2625

Last edited:
S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Just went and looked at www.whiteriverwild.org website. Was amazed at how misleading and untruthful it is. Most of the areas do not even meet the criteria for wilderness as defined in the 1964 Wilderness Act. The "potential threats" are greatly exaggerated. Many of the areas already have designated motorized and mountain bike trails. In addition to logging roads, 10th mountain huts, and radio towers. If you click on the "action center" on the website, you can use the links they have provided to easily write letters in opposition (they would like you to be in favor). They even give letter writing tips! I'll be writing my letters tonight. Mike Duffy

Last edited:
Premium Features