• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Polaris 700 no spark

B
Jan 8, 2018
Problems all started when heated grips shorted and caused gauges to go out. Headed back to the truck and died on trail. Stator checks good and so does regulator.

B
Jan 8, 2018
I got .5 ohms between the 3 yellow wires on stator, and diode check on regulator was good on negative and positive sides.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Yellow wires come from the voltage generating portion of the stator which used to be commonly called the lighting circuit. The ignition circuit is different. I am attaching wiring diagram which shows resistances for other coils in the stator.

Attachments

• 2006 fusion 900 wiring.pdf
    539.6 KB · Views: 157
B
Jan 8, 2018
I'll check the ignition side and crank sensor. You have no idea how much time I've wasted online looking for that wireing diagram. Thankyou!!

Nov 19, 2015
check wires that power coils

I had this problem with my 900, same stator I believe. I had correct resistance for everything but Green/Red to Green/Yellow and Green/Red to Brown/White, for which I had no readings. Turns out these power the coils.

For reference, this also shows resistances from the manual: https://ibb.co/f37boG

B
Jan 8, 2018
She's alive!!!

After finding no resistance on ignition coils on stator, orderd and installed new stator. Fired first pull!!! You guys are the best! :face-icon-small-coo

Final diagnosis: Grips shorted and burnt coils on stator. Time to put some inline fuses in. Still can't believe there's no wire protection on this entire sled!

Premium Features