• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Maintenance?

S
Dec 2, 2007
What do the dealers do at given mileage when i let them service my machine?

It would be nice to know exactly what they look at and service so i can do it myself.

Maintenance check points for any models/brands greatly appriciated

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
The owners manual for my '08 700RMK has a large chart in the back clearly laying out what to check at what intervals, along with what needs to be greased and replaced.

My local dealer gave me a quiet pause on the phone when I asked how much they charge for doing the initial 150 mile checkup and then said that they don't typically do that. They mostly do "winterization" at the end of the season and then a tuneup before snow season starts.

Yeah...I dig my dealer, NOT.

T

ttyR2

Nov 26, 2007
Polaris has some manuals online, but nothing I found for '07-'08 sleds.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
What do the dealers do at given mileage when i let them service my machine?

It would be nice to know exactly what they look at and service so i can do it myself.

Maintenance check points for any models/brands greatly appriciated

Some of what you do, (frequency) depends on how hard you ride & type of riding. Off the top of my head, here are some thoughts.
1. Every 300 miles isn't a bad interval. In season maintainence is mostly grease chassis, clean clutches, ski alignment, track alignment, chain tension, chaincase oil level, belt deflection, look for loose bolts & check Y pipe bolts. You can't grease the chassis & clean clutches too often!
2. At 500-600 miles do 1 again plus-clean exhaust valves, look over wiring, throttle cable, check torque stop clearance, inspect track, reset air shock pressure.
3. More intensive is spring service for storage & fall service before riding. In the spring at a minimum grease everything, drain the gas tank, fog the engine with oil, clean engine compartment, wax hood.

I have a document on clutch service that I will post in March & might add a check list of items for fall service. Doing your own service gets you familiar with your sled so that you can spot or diagnose issues sooner.

Premium Features