• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

6000 - 7000 burble

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I don't remember having it last year and since last year I've done the following. PC-5, camo extreme 2.5, clutching green/pink primary with mtx weights and stock secondary, high flow intake by SLP, reflashed to the original 2010 map for the PC-5 per SLP's request. I'm running the SLP map and i have a grumble, or burble at around 6000-7000rpm. It doesn't really effect runability, just sounds bad and I'm sure its making less power. Anyone encounter such a thing? Need a remedy its driving me nuts.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

T

Tang

Jan 31, 2010
Same problem with SLP map on my 2010 Dragon RMK 800. Now using DynoTech Research map and all is well.

The SLP map is only for the January 2010 flash

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I think our problems are different. I'm not getting the det light, mine just kind of burbles a bit. Still rides fine and if i was deaf probably never would have noticed it. I saw your other post and your issue seems different than mine.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Sounds like you may have a lean spot, richen up your map in the mid range and see if your problem goes away. You can always put it back to SLP map, but I'll bet it's just lean.

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I hear what your saying, my only thought is that i didn't have it without the PC-V, so I'm leaning toward it being too rich. I'll mess around with my maps and see what i can figure out.

T

Tang

Jan 31, 2010
You are correct about me having the April flash on my sled.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I hear what your saying, my only thought is that i didn't have it without the PC-V, so I'm leaning toward it being too rich. I'll mess around with my maps and see what i can figure out.

Sometimes it's tricky to know if you're rich or lean

Generally LEAN = "falling on it's face" or cutting out

Pay particular attention to the percentage of throttle opening when that "Burble" occurs.

If, let's say it's at part throttle (60% or so ) RICHEN up the PC-5 # 's + 10 points more than it is now within that 6000-7000 R.P.M. Range

Change only the #'s in that % throttle opening range

Test ride it and see if it's better or worse.

If it's worse, Then go 10 point LESS than it is now within that same R.P.M. and percentage of throttle opening range

Last edited:
B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I decided to flash the ECU to the"April" flash and try one of DTR's maps. He insisted that the January flash that SLP supports is junk. I'll get some seat time this weekend and see how it is. The only thing i don't like is that DTR only makes one table for all four injectors. I'll report back if it works or not.

Premium Features