• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Canada: 3 year warranty USA: 4 year warrantty

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Looking at snowchecking a new Pro RMK.

There has got to be a reason for this... To top it off, the USA MSRP is 1500 cheaper for a 2 hour drive.....

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Canadians pay more for just about everything, why are you surprised about this one?

I'm curious why canadians always have to pay more.... Supply and demand? Import taxation? Shipping? Cost of living ratio? I don't know but I feel for you guys

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
After reading the posts here, I'm sure I will. I don't trust the motor at all, but the chassis is solid!
It's a 0 year warranty if you buy a US sled and bring it up. Speaking of which, though, if you find someone willing to buy and sell the sled for you south of the border, PM me.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I was told the Poo warranty after 2 years is garbage ! Is that the case ?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's a 0 year warranty if you buy a US sled and bring it up. Speaking of which, though, if you find someone willing to buy and sell the sled for you south of the border, PM me.

It still carries a warranty in the USA from what I'm told!

Make some Snowest friends south of the border, they're a good bunch and always willing to help a friend save a few dollars! :usa2:

W
Dec 7, 2007
If my memory is correct about 10 years ago the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the American dollar was such that one Canadian dollar cost only about $.65 US. (It was a great time to go on vacation in Canada!)

At that time Polaris was selling sleds in Canada for a whole lot less than they cost in the US. Again, this is from memory, but I think more than a few US citizens went to Canada and bought sleds. I also seem to remember there were no warranties and there may have been registration issues.

Please correct any errors in my memory...

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
$1500 price differance is closing the gap a few years back it was 3-4K diff.The worst is BRP as the sleds are built in Canada with a dollar thats worth the same yet we have to pay more for it,that one is a puzzler.I can see the diff on a US built sled imported into Canada

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada:
1000 in accessories with a 2 year warranty
OR
3 year warranty

USA:
600 in accessories with 2 year warranty
OR
4 year warranty

X

Xcelerated performance

Dec 13, 2010
you need to find some one in the states to buy it for you, and as for the warranty you need to take it back to the states to get anything done to the sled. we buy everything south of the border. trucks, sleds, quads, no problem yet. helps my dad is a US resident. as of the 1000 canadian to 600 US accessory thing you can buy the same accessories in the states for 600 as you can in Canada for 1000. it work out to be the same. canadians are getting hosed out of 1 year of warranty. it happens in everything look at the vehicle warranty same thing.i might be snow checking a 13 let me know if you want me to price one out for you.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
This is BS. From what I found the Canadian warranty is only Bumper to Bumper for one year then 2 more years of Power train. States side warranty is 4 year Bumper to Bumper.

BS BS BS BS BS BS What a efen joke

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
If my memory is correct about 10 years ago the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the American dollar was such that one Canadian dollar cost only about $.65 US. (It was a great time to go on vacation in Canada!)

At that time Polaris was selling sleds in Canada for a whole lot less than they cost in the US. Again, this is from memory, but I think more than a few US citizens went to Canada and bought sleds. I also seem to remember there were no warranties and there may have been registration issues.

Please correct any errors in my memory...

Not true. Sleds were still more in Canada in our currency. Maybe you are factoring in the exchange rate in your calculations but we always had to pay more than you.

Premium Features