• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you as FIRED up as this guy was to ride his new M1100T?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Bring on the popcorn!

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, were off!

Love is a burning thing

And it makes a fiery ring

Bound by wild desire

I fell into a ring of fire

I fell into a burning ring of fire

I went down, down, down and the flames went higher

And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire

The ring of fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVgeKFZHhI&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Come on gotta be someone to fire this thread up here lets go! Polaris boys?:target:

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I heard that it was something related to the fuel filter or line hitting the secondary. If that's true, the fuel filter must have come loose from the bracket is riveted to the tunnel. Either that or it was installed stupidly from the factory.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Brand new, first trip Yamaha Nitro............... Lions head Feb 2011.............just saying:face-icon-small-con

100_0550.jpg

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Hilly and Jeff C -
FYI, my carbon fiber bumper is NOT going to be strong enough to tow those pigs out of Taylor... Just sayin...

(BTW if my motor blows I'll bring a tow strap, those Cat bumpers are STRONG)

Joe

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Aftermath pictures of the sled that caught fire, this was in Sweden by the way.

dsc03985h.jpg

dsc03986px.jpg

dsc03987ij.jpg

dsc03988f.jpg

dsc03989o.jpg

dsc03990pr.jpg

dsc03991hr.jpg

dsc03994h.jpg

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Hate to say it, but He probably should have let it burn....

It's going to smell forever now, and unless they replace everything on it, will have random problems from now until the day it is scrapped.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I wouldve let it burn and bought something else.

He suspects it was the air filter or something that went loos, and pressed on a gas hose that resulted in it rubbing against something, causing a spray leak from the hose that ignited.

Sound a little like a what if, if what if then what if, story to me. But you never know.

He got a brand new one from his dealer from what ive heard, but he had to get into a little fight over it.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I wouldve let it burn and bought something else.

He suspects it was the air filter or something that went loos, and pressed on a gas hose that resulted in it rubbing against something, causing a spray leak from the hose that ignited.

Sound a little like a what if, if what if then what if, story to me. But you never know.

He got a brand new one from his dealer from what ive heard, but he had to get into a little fight over it.

That definately can happen. . . I did a quick once over on my sled before riding it. to check for rubbing hoses and wiring. I put 28 miles on and now I need to pull the hood again and look stuff over once more. Even if cat did a good job routing stuff it could easily move and rub or get hot. . . So a little periodic maintainance will be good.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Well I guess everything is possible. Hope this is just a coinsidence and not going to be a problem with the 1100's.

Premium Features