• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Truck?

Best overall truck?

• Ford F150

Votes: 277 32.1%
  • GMC Sierra 1500

Votes: 65 7.5%
  • Chevrolet 1500

Votes: 61 7.1%
  • Chevrolet 1500HD

Votes: 137 15.9%
  • Toyota

Votes: 85 9.8%
  • Dodge

Votes: 239 27.7%

• Total voters
S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Stay away from the 98 to 02 f250's with the V-10....they all blow spark plugs out of the aluminum heads and usually when your out in the middle of no where.

I had a 99 F250 with 150000 miles on the clock zero issues. Good truck but got 9 mpg all the time no matter how you drove it.

I have a 2000 S10 ZR2 look in to one. Half ton running gear. Sweet little truck. I have a single place sled deck and hands down is the best thing for spring riding. Factory locked rear end and small size and 31"s it will push snow with the front bumper with a sled on. I tow Car Trailers all the time with it. and a 3 place open and can pull 60 all the way up the hill. Plus no half ton can get 18 in town.

If not 2003-2007 Chevy 1500 5.4. Got a 2004 with 160000 on it and with torsion keys and 33" BFG's on it i still get 15 in town. Great truck. Work for a boat shop and pull 23 foot Malibu Wake setters All day long Towed 25 of them Tuesday 15 miles each for a boat show. At 150000 Had to rebuild the trans but other than that No issues and nicest interior for that year of truck. Had a 2003 F150 and It was not half the truck. Weak and had issues all the time.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
why do guys seem to like tundras? They got good power but suck at towing and are not roomy at all inside and they got shhhaaattttyyy frt ends.

Chevy 1500/2500's also got good power however they did fall short with the frt ends with the inner tie rod design and tendancy to have ball joints go. They do fairly good towing, not to mention poor transfer cases.

Dodge 1500's are also good power but suck for towing since they got the coilover suspension in the rear. Pretty much street truck, almost a car.

Ford f150's from the ones I've driven are selective, some will have alot of balls and some wont same mileage yr etc, for the most part you will lose in a race but they seem to pull nice. They got good chassis and suspension but lacked in the engine with the 5.4ls, I got an 04 an the only complaint is the transmission shifts at stupid times.

Just my 2 cents nissan don't count since they are light duty as well, I work in an automotive shop and see the variety of vehicles.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
I have a 05 F150 Supercrew and really enjoy it. The miliage might not always be great but it has a good ride. I think part of the miage may be thats its built heavy. I tow 4 sled in an enclosed trailer with no problems . I also tow a 26 ft camp trailer. I did add an add a leaf in the back and level the front. I also had a edge on tow setting . Love the truck and would buy another F150. My vote F150

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Support America's economy don't buy a tundra. Buy ford or chevy.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
You Realize that Tundra's are built in Texas right?

I won't argue with you about it, no reason to, but was just wondering if you were being sarcastic...

Didn't know that. Built here is creating jobs for people in the US but a lot of that money must go back To japan.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
why do guys seem to like tundras? They got good power but suck at towing and are not roomy at all inside and they got shhhaaattttyyy frt ends. .
They actually have the largest cab....the only thing the same size is Dodge's Megacab. Also we haven't had anyone pound out a front-end in a new-body (07+) Tundra yet....and we've sold hundreds and live in the bush. Haven't even really done many front ends in older 2000 models yet. I would say you have no idea what you're talking about.....

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Support America's economy don't buy a tundra. Buy ford or chevy.

I think that's a little short-sighted to be honest. Regardless of brand, you support the dealership and it's employees/owners and all of the supporting employers (jobbers, delivery companies, office supply people, etc, etc) on the local scale. Then on the national scale you have the production plants with all of their managers, employees and support staff, as well as the parts distribution network, and then the zone and national head offices. All of that is the same for Toyota (for example) as the domestics and employs no one from off-continent whatsoever.

You have to get VERY high up the chain before any money is turned over to Japan. Toyota Canada and Toyota USA operate as individual companies; seperate from Toyota Motor Corp (Japan). The only thing passed back to Japan really, is money for the few models we still import directly from there, the parts that come from there, and obviously some profit. For the models that are still imported.....well, GM, Ford and Chryco import parts from all over the world to build cars, and many models are built out-of-country (eg Mexico). For the profit portion....well in either case 2 things can happen with company profit.....they can either piss it up a rope, or re-invest in the company (and in turn the economy) regardless of manufacturer.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
2006 dodge mega cab laramie 3/4 ton.removed cat converter (thing) major restriction from exhaust and thats it. no emission sensors either.5.9 6 speed auto. 0 probs left it stock. tow a 24 enclosed with a 3200lb car ,golf cart, tool box,tows great. sled deck and 3 place open in the winter. ordered it with 4.10 limited slip front and rear and 4 inch from down pipe all the way back. It drives like a car with the stock wheels and tires. 35s ok, but looks better. nice comfy int.

Mega cab. ummm self explanatory.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I think that's a little short-sighted to be honest. Regardless of brand, you support the dealership and it's employees/owners and all of the supporting employers (jobbers, delivery companies, office supply people, etc, etc) on the local scale. Then on the national scale you have the production plants with all of their managers, employees and support staff, as well as the parts distribution network, and then the zone and national head offices. All of that is the same for Toyota (for example) as the domestics and employs no one from off-continent whatsoever.

You have to get VERY high up the chain before any money is turned over to Japan. Toyota Canada and Toyota USA operate as individual companies; seperate from Toyota Motor Corp (Japan). The only thing passed back to Japan really, is money for the few models we still import directly from there, the parts that come from there, and obviously some profit. For the models that are still imported.....well, GM, Ford and Chryco import parts from all over the world to build cars, and many models are built out-of-country (eg Mexico). For the profit portion....well in either case 2 things can happen with company profit.....they can either piss it up a rope, or re-invest in the company (and in turn the economy) regardless of manufacturer.

I like what you said. Well in that case buy the truck you like.

Good points and examples by the way

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I like what you said. Well in that case buy the truck you like.

Good points and examples by the way

Should have known chris was bashing on my truck...you hate everything I own!! :) all in fun...always been a bow tie guy but it's hard to deny the awesome truck toyota put together when they released the new tundra, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the previous model and finally competitive in the full size truck market! Toyota like stated before in this post is just as American made as the American bred car companies now, that's what allowed them to race in NASCAR. I haven't ridden in a truck that I like more than mine yet, but that's my personal preference. Chevy's 6.0l vortec max only pumps out 300-345hp, the tundra's 5.7l iforce pumps out 381hp...THAT right there is why I bought a tundra...plus it shifts silky smooth compared to other trucks I've driven/ridden in.

The heaviest thing I've pulled is a 4 place snowmobile trailer with 4 nytro mtx's up a canyon, I could do whatever speed I wanted but I probably averaged 80mph no sweat. Bye bye gas mileage, that's where the diesel reigns supreme!

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Should have known chris was bashing on my truck...you hate everything I own!! :) all in fun...always been a bow tie guy but it's hard to deny the awesome truck toyota put together when they released the new tundra, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the previous model and finally competitive in the full size truck market! Toyota like stated before in this post is just as American made as the American bred car companies now, that's what allowed them to race in NASCAR. I haven't ridden in a truck that I like more than mine yet, but that's my personal preference. Chevy's 6.0l vortec max only pumps out 300-345hp, the tundra's 5.7l iforce pumps out 381hp...THAT right there is why I bought a tundra...plus it shifts silky smooth compared to other trucks I've driven/ridden in.

The heaviest thing I've pulled is a 4 place snowmobile trailer with 4 nytro mtx's up a canyon, I could do whatever speed I wanted but I probably averaged 80mph no sweat. Bye bye gas mileage, that's where the diesel reigns supreme!

Haha I like your tundra! The stock nytro eh.....as long as you like it.
I like the luxury part of my Sierra and even though it only has the 5.3 it pulls a 26' enclosed loaded like nothing going up Logan canyon. I've been very impressed with it for that engine. Justin I think you ca
Agree with me on that. Like Justin said it's no diesel but all these half ton trucks are pretty impressive.

And I do like your tundra! I think it looks good

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Haha I like your tundra! The stock nytro eh.....as long as you like it.
I like the luxury part of my Sierra and even though it only has the 5.3 it pulls a 26' enclosed loaded like nothing going up Logan canyon. I've been very impressed with it for that engine. Justin I think you ca
Agree with me on that. Like Justin said it's no diesel but all these half ton trucks are pretty impressive.

And I do like your tundra! I think it looks good

If it pulls the enclosed snowmobile trailer...why the hell would ya need a diesel! All the "important" bases are covered! haha 1/2 ton trucks now adays aren't the slackers they used to be...that's for sure.

Premium Features