• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies - who's still fired up to ride?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
They just picked up about 17" of new snow. Base is over 100". Nobody is talking about riding anymore. I know, the powder snow is gone, but there is plenty of riding left. With the huge base, the snow will be around into June.

How many of you are still riding (sleds)?

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
coldfinger

Two of us are heading down for sunday, will be spring time riding but will make the summer that much shorter. RickM

W
Dec 6, 2009
rode sat. afternoon and sunday, pretty good snow saturday and sunday crusted over so not as good. Snowing off and on sunday, still really good snow snow for end of April. Still hope to ride into June :face-icon-small-hap

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Spring time riding at its best

Rode sunday, found lots of powder and a lot of untracked area's. Plenty of snow, rode 54 miles, rode both sides, overcast early, some sun mid day. Will be able to ride for some time to come up high. RickM

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Wish I could make it but 2 sleds and both are down. Have fun Jim and be sure and post us all some pics.

I haven't summerized the sled yet so we'll see what May brings. Other projects/hobbies are beginning to take priority so that may put a damper on sledding next month.

What happened to the sleds?

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
Good snow mid morning today, going to be snowing for the next week, not many days like today 50 degrees and bluebird skies :)

rev*baron

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2009
I'm not done yet. Still have to go out and pick up all the safety kits and hopefully have a fun day or two of riding in as well.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
North French Creek sno-tel is showing 10" today. The forcast is calling for more snow all of this next week. Going up either Tuesday or Wednesday.

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
May 1st deep powder

Rode Saturday May 1st. was some of the best powder all winter, Was several feet of fresh untouched snow on top of what they got last week all over the entire mountian. Was overcast and windy, but wasnt that bad on the west side of the mountain.Had a ball all day long, had it pinned most of the day. Rotory plows are setting at green rock to start opening 130 soon. What a day of riding on May 1st. Rickm

(Photo is one of two guys from Minnesota that was riding with us)

IMG_2582.JPG

Last edited:
S

skywagon guy

Feb 2, 2010
snowies

Still like to get up there one more time. Rode Vail Pass yesterday and today. Lot's of snow, kind of wet but still very good.
Ron

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Rick,
Thanks for posting the pic. That is sick for this time of year.

Looks like more snow in the forecast this week.

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
High winds

All of wyoming is under high winds today, looking at web cams in the snowies shows lots of blowing snow. may set it up like cement. Snow is forcast all week. There is tons of snow up there. Winds may keep trailers off road until later in the week. looking to riding for some time yet up high. RickM

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well there will be plenty of snow base to ride on the 19th. Should be enough base into late June this year. Powder though, who knows. I doubt it.

Premium Features