• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Interior Trailer lights not working

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I just got a new trailer and my interior lights don't have power to them? I have 2008 chev pu with a 7 pin plug and trailer brakes. I searched the internet and it seems that I have to hook up a red wire lead that is taped up next to the fuse box to a small stud terminal by the box and put a 40 amp fuse in the slot near the stud terminal . This is supposed to also charge my trailer brake battery? Any one able to comfirm or verify this. Other ideas??

Fuse.jpg

should be in your owners manual, but all i had to do was to install the supplied fuses that were taped to the brake controller wiring that should be in the glove box. some of the 08's came with the factory brake controller built in. is yours? mines an 07, i just plugged in the fuses.

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
Yep, thats what I had to do with mine. Gotta take apart the fuse box under the hood and get to the two stud terminals. Like you said you found, thats what you have to do. Also, make sure you have the 40A fuse installed. Mine had a red dummy fuse that said B+ on it. Pull that and put the real fuse in. If all else fails, call a utility trailer place. They do this everyday and could give you some pointers.

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Well I checked out the wiring and fuse, found the tailer shop that did my electric brake had hooked up both the wires to the post, but only put a fuse in the other slot for the elctric brakes. Put a 40A fuse in all works fine.

Thanks

Premium Features