• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Triton trailer problems

chas57006

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Brookings SD
I am really curious to find out if balancing the tires helps.
I have on 08 Triton trailer and there is a lot of vibration when empty.
It seems fine when loaded so I have never done anything but always wondered if it was hurting anything.

Charlie

S

Snowjunky

Jan 19, 2008
Loveland,Colorado
What did you find? On another note the company I worked for had a small 10 foot tilt trailer for a scissor lift. When pulled empty or loaded it would fishtail about a foot both ways from center. Felt like the wheels were 2 lbs out of balance. I was even pulled over by Colorado States finest saying he thought it was coming loose. Darndest thing to follow. We were going to move the axles back a foot but now its someone elses issue. They closed the doors after 30 years. Hope you find a cure! My Titon pulls great no issues so Im sure it is something fixable.
Wheels are not bent are they? Does it have brakes? Warped drum or out of ajusment? Maybe short in wiring? Just brainstormin with ya

08nightfire

Oct 10, 2009
NW Iowa
I took the trailer in on Saturday and the dealer replaced the tires. I fell asleep and didnt make it back to get the trailer Saturday afternoon. I will pick it up this week and let everyone know what the outcome it.

08nightfire

Oct 10, 2009
NW Iowa
I picked up my trailer last night and it pulls great now. They replaced 1 rim and tire. The dealer said Triton has about 6 trailers a year they warranty with this problem. Im just glad its fixed and THANK YOU to everyone that helped out on here!!!!

Premium Features