• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fifth and goose neck setups?

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Alright so I'm buying a new pickup and want to be able to pull the fifth wheel camper and goose neck stock trailer. I Want to be able to take the ball and fifth wheel out so I can still hall stuff in my bed without any bars going across the box. What brands are the best and the fastest to take in and out. Also what adapter should i used to get from the fifth wheel to the ball. Pics would be sweet.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I have a B&W and it works great. It is a turnover ball so the bed of the truck is flat with the ball turned over. B&W also makes a 5th wheel plate that will drop into the gooseneck hitch on the truck. For me personally I converted my camper to a goosneck setup and love it. They have a plate with a ball on it that drops into the hitch to move the ball back around 4 inches, not sure without measuring. It works great for a shortbox truck and most campers. My camper is kind of old and very bullnosed, and I have never had a problem. I love the setup, the next snowmobile trailer I buy will be a gooseneck!

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
I second the B&W filp hitch.

By far the best out there.......IMO

Since I do pull both I also bought the companion. Personally its the only way to go if you have a good sized 5th wheel. it hurts a little bit when you buy it, but well worth it.

Good luck

C

crestview

Dec 3, 2007
Kimberly Id
The B&W is the best out there. It works slick. Another mod I would do is wire in a plug inside the bed that way you dont have to worry when you turn sharp.

Premium Features