• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain cat 600 bogging

S
Sep 23, 2004
newman lake, wa
anybody have any ideas? 03 mc 600 efi. thing just pukes out when you grab a handfull of throtle. you have to feather it to get her going. and it doesn't happen all the time. and once you get her up to wot, it peaks right out.

ive changed the fuel filters, rebuilt the clutch, unplugged the kill switch, nothing

im about ready to burn it to the ground. my boy gets really frustrated

thanks for any input

O
Dec 2, 2007
try to clean your powervalves and adjust the cables to the correct length. You would be surprised how much gunk gets on those things.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
kill switch.

Crazy thing but i just went through this on my powder special, and it was the kill switch. It's actually somekind of throttle sensor. which can be bypassed, but the easiest thing i found was to disconnect the kill switch. don't know if that's your problem, but i've had 2 arctic cats that this has happened on. So hope it helps.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
There is a safety switch in the throttle that may be getting worn. The throttle gets loose and may need to replace some of the washers. Get the sled on a jack stand and try running sled and moving throttke around and see if it cuts out. I have gone over the bars because of this.

Last edited:
D
Nov 30, 2007
I am having a problem right now with the wifes, the power valve cables keep popping off the servo. Check to see if maybe that is the case, or possibly a broken one.

Premium Features