• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Titanium Exhaust ?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I run a full FMF titanium exhaust on my KTM 450. Has anyone run a full Titanium exhaust on the snow and if so, how did it hold up?

thanks in advance!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444076350.050865.jpg

I also put on a full titanium FMF exhaust on my 450. I had good success with black ceramic coating on my 300 last year, I decided to do it again on the 450 this year. Time will tell how it holds up.

Pic was taken before my carbon guard was installed.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
damn, that's sweet! how much does that run to coat it? does it protect your pants from burning?

No, it would still burn your pants! The ceramic coating still gets brutally hot hence I have installed a carbon fiber pipe guard now. The ceramic keeps more heat in the pipe (where it should be) and it claims to add up to 3 HP. So on a 60 HP bike, that equates to 1.8 HP. For what it costs, that is cheap HP IMO!

The ceramic coating is applied evenly on both the inside and outside of the exhaust pipes, preventing “hot spots” that can cause metal fatigue. It also improves the laminar flow of your exhaust gasses.

Worst thing about pipes and snow is has rapid heat and then cool which turns pipes blue color which is the reason I went black. They say once you go black, you never go back! LOL

I can't recall what it cost me but I think it was about $150 CAD for both pieces. My 300 pipe cost me $120.00 (I think) but I just did the expansion chamber and not the silencer.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I have the full TI on my KX and no problems, I have header wrap with a carbon fiber guard and it's all good!

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks for the feedback guys. Pipe looks good ceramic coated. I think i am going to run it....now to find a titanium bung for the A/F sensor:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features