• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

weight loss

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
i want to lose more weight on my 2013 PC. does anyone have any ideas what the skid would lose or front a arms or anything else. already have a hps can. lost 16 pounds doing that.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Bdx hood without headlights, a arm/spindle kit, and rear skid arms will drop you atleast another 20#. Get rid of your wheels and foam for about 5# more.

Last edited:
E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
There's a lot of little things you can do for little to nothing but nothing drastic.

This is the best statement you will read on any thread about trying to shed weight!

People are lazy and dont realize how much weight you can shed off a pc for free.

I have cut approx. 35.5 lbs for less than $500. Slp can, antistab kit, frogskins, moflow vents, rivets, drill bits , sheet aluminum, sheet abs plastic, etc is all i payed for.

Granted i am self employed and have a shop to work in, and these mods took well over 50 hours. But if your not an ocd perfectionist like me, it can be done in 20 total hours.

Last edited:
B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Im with Elvis... & Im a cheap azz so...
used hps can -16 $300
bdx oil delete -8ish $28
hcr cooler -8ish $125 (2013 rear tunnel section, i'll cut and weld the stock cooler) even more weight while riding and not packing snow & ice.
mod stock hood, delete headlight -5 or -6 $40 ( aluminum sheet and frog skinz)
insulation, extra wheels and a couple trinkets here and there -5 $free
Thats at least -40lbs give or take a couple for under 500 bones.

Good call Samiam. 20 bucks a month to the gym 205 to 185. -20 off the riders azz...

I have Burandt Boards to put on as well. Im pretty sure they will end up lighter but not sure how much.

Now I just need some friggin motivation, -40* has made me loose interest:face-icon-small-dis

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
Im with Elvis... & Im a cheap azz so...
used hps can -16 $300
bdx oil delete -8ish $28
hcr cooler -8ish $125 (2013 rear tunnel section, i'll cut and weld the stock cooler) even more weight while riding and not packing snow & ice.
mod stock hood, delete headlight -5 or -6 $40 ( aluminum sheet and frog skinz)
insulation, extra wheels and a couple trinkets here and there -5 $free
Thats at least -40lbs give or take a couple for under 500 bones.

Good call Samiam. 20 bucks a month to the gym 205 to 185. -20 off the riders azz...

I have Burandt Boards to put on as well. Im pretty sure they will end up lighter but not sure how much.

Now I just need some friggin motivation, -40* has made me loose interest:face-icon-small-dis

Are you talking about Burandt Boards that fit the 2013 Pro? I was thinking about doing this and bringing in the plastic so it would be narrower. Is this what you are planning on doing? And are you making a new stirrup to match the boards?

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Are you talking about Burandt Boards that fit the 2013 Pro? I was thinking about doing this and bringing in the plastic so it would be narrower. Is this what you are planning on doing? And are you making a new stirrup to match the boards?

Yep, there sitting in the garage. I haven't decided if it's going to be easier to replace or mod the existing stirrup. I'll do the Wyoboy panel mod when the boards go on. Sled had the updates done at the dealer last month, it's been to cold to go get it, -30 to -40* sucks for starting sleds and my motivation.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The chespest and most effective mod would be P90x

Being in shape will make the sled feel lighter, but your weight in relation to the sled is a factor. I carry some "sledding ballast" on me so that the sled doesn't overpower me so easily!:face-icon-small-hap

In all reality though, sled weight in relation to your weight is important. A big guy can throw around a bigger sled. People always say for YOU to lose weight, but if you're just talking about losing weight as compared to gaining strength, that not going to do what you think it will in anything other than a straight climb (yawn). :yo:

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
Being in shape will make the sled feel lighter, but your weight in relation to the sled is a factor. I carry some "sledding ballast" on me so that the sled doesn't overpower me so easily!:face-icon-small-hap

In all reality though, sled weight in relation to your weight is important. A big guy can throw around a bigger sled. People always say for YOU to lose weight, but if you're just talking about losing weight as compared to gaining strength, that not going to do what you think it will in anything other than a straight climb (yawn). :yo:

True, but if you did P90X, I can assure you that you will loose weight & gain alot of strength... I do agree with the just loosing weight and not gaining strength theroy though.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander

I agree with that completely. But I'm not a munchkin like u BCIL, I am 6'3' and 240-250....so I am carrying that "ballast" around all the time. I think most people don't fall into the "need ballast" category. Most are in the "do p90x category". I only got one trip to Cooke last yr and I was 265 and SOFT. Biggest I've ever been and WORST YEAR I've EVER HAD by a long shot. Being strong and nimble will be far far more valuable than dropping 20#'s or even 30#'s off the sled...IMHO. So if u are there, spend the money, lighten the sled, and you will benefit. Otherwise focus on urself and reap the benefits....again IMHO.

The irony of some guys is amazing to me. When I was a young punk I rode with a group and there was a guy who 300-350 depending on the yr and he stuck $1000's into his sled lightening it up. $3500 for a fabfraft tunnel at one pt....saved 20lbs I think. Wow! And then he couldn't/wouldn't climb or push his sled and had other people take his sled up the ridge. Weird. He enjoyed it and that's good I guess... But definitely ironic. (Hope he isn't reading :0 )

Rant over.

Last edited:
Premium Features