For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
I<3whitepowder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Belt Slipping

I bought a 99 artic cat powder special recently. I took it out last weekend and noticed that the belt seems to be slipping. Can definately smell the belt or something smoking a little. Does anyone know a good way to diagnose this?

Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Currently: Not set.
Idcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond repute

check to see if the left rear motor mount is broken. If it is that would let the engine get out of alignment and cause belt to slip.

Rate this post: Yes | No