• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do YOU pay to use this site?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Hopefully all members are seeing a HUGE improvement in performance tonight....:face-icon-small-hap

i guess if you call being able to log in after 2 days a improvement then i guess yah but i thought i already payed for that.by the way i expect my mebership to be extended for 2 days for this inconvenience.:boink::whip:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I will say I have benefited financial from this forum. Tips (info) on my sleds, clothing, truck, trailer, riding areas, food, tools, safety, electronics, warranty's, insurance, lodging, hot tubs, cold beer, planning trips, and the list goes on, and on. And I won't mention the $160 helmet I won on the 12 days of Christmas thingy that was put on here. And please. I prefer not to read about your political, or religious views thank you. Anything related to snowmobiling? Awesome!!!

Did I mention cold beer?:face-icon-small-con

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Why do I pay to use this forum..... Because it supports a company who supports the growth of our sport! And I have gained much more than I have payed just in helpful advice from other great members on here!

Thanks again to the Mods of this site who keep it running and thanks to the greater part of the members Whom keep the B.S. flaming and junk comments off here! All in all this is the only forum I pay for online and the only one I use for snowmobile stuff....

P

poman

Mar 24, 2012
Nobody rides for free.

That being said , I wish paying members had a choice to opt out of the incessant pms from site mods.

Love them, just like that annoying little dog that never stops yappin .

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
In my opinion the site was better before it became a pay site. A great deal of knowledge and experience went with that core group of people that left in the early stages of the pay to play debacle. Now their are two separate sites because of that fact and neither one of them is better off for the change. This site gained nothing by becoming a pay site, in fact it actually lost traction and content because of it. All you have to do is check out the forums that now very seldom ever have more than a couple posts a day in them. Snowest had something special once and lost it due to wanting to cash in on that fact. Bottom line is it will ever be the same as it once was.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
In my opinion the site was better before it became a pay site. A great deal of knowledge and experience went with that core group of people that left in the early stages of the pay to play debacle. Now their are two separate sites because of that fact and neither one of them is better off for the change. This site gained nothing by becoming a pay site, in fact it actually lost traction and content because of it. All you have to do is check out the forums that now very seldom ever have more than a couple posts a day in them. Snowest had something special once and lost it due to wanting to cash in on that fact. Bottom line is it will ever be the same as it once was.

I agree that it seems like the traffic here is nowhere near what it once was.
However, I think that can also be attributed to the forum be dissected into hundreds of categories & subcategories. There simply is not the traffic to make a forum this large seem active.
And yes, we lost a lot of entertaining characters in the transition, but let's face it, what we take away from this forum is well worth the admission cost. Likely the best invested money we spend on this sport (short of BRC & other groups that protect our right to ride).

If a few of the "star players" want to take their ball & go home you don't quit playing, you make the best of it & move on.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I pay just because I guess. It's good site. But, it used to be a great site.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
We live in Wisconsin, we ride mt. sleds in the U.P., and once a year out west. Snowest is the best place for me to get info about the sleds we ride. Plus, the classifieds have saved us big money over the years.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
there are good things about the site no doubt but, as stated above this used to be a GREAT site. they asked us to pay for the site to make it better for us, most agreed, some complained, and some left.

my biggest complaints...

this site is the slowest loading and the most unstable website on the www, due to messing with it all the time. constant pm's from the admin about what is going on, and "adds" touting their next adventure is not desired by the users.

i have NEVER recieved a pm from an admin from ANY OTHER WEBSITE EVER!! UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT.

CHRISTOPHER HAS NO REASON TO FILL OUR PM BOXES WITH ANYTHING UNLESS REQUESTED.

NOW WE HAVE THE AUTO START audio/video ADDS, EVEN WITH A PAID MEMBERSHIP???

If something doesnt change, i will not renew my membership, and will not frequent this site or it's sponsors any longer. Ski

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
I have learned a lot on here before and after it was a pay site. I only go on the forum part. I don't think i have really ever explored the site other than the forum. I should do that some time. anyway I do agree if you pay for it you shouldn't have to deal with the adds and stuff. They have never really bothered me until today and a stupid video keeps playing every time i open a new page. That they could and should cut out. Is there a way to stop that dumb thing from playing on new pages????????

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
there are good things about the site no doubt but, as stated above this used to be a GREAT site. they asked us to pay for the site to make it better for us, most agreed, some complained, and some left.

my biggest complaints...

this site is the slowest loading and the most unstable website on the www, due to messing with it all the time. constant pm's from the admin about what is going on, and "adds" touting their next adventure is not desired by the users.

i have NEVER recieved a pm from an admin from ANY OTHER WEBSITE EVER!! UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT.

CHRISTOPHER HAS NO REASON TO FILL OUR PM BOXES WITH ANYTHING UNLESS REQUESTED.

NOW WE HAVE THE AUTO START audio/video ADDS, EVEN WITH A PAID MEMBERSHIP???

If something doesnt change, i will not renew my membership, and will not frequent this site or it's sponsors any longer. Ski

Yea, what is up with the auto vid crap? I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THE DAMN VID AUTOMATICALLY! Turn it off!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

100% agree with yah:beer;

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Yea, what is up with the auto vid crap? I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THE DAMN VID AUTOMATICALLY! Turn it off!

I totally agree.
You know me, I don't get wound up easily, but whoever put that ad on to automatically play should have their entrails jerked out of one orifice & shoved back in another without lubricant.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Say it with me;

Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!
Ban the video!

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I agree that it seems like the traffic here is nowhere near what it once was.
However, I think that can also be attributed to the forum be dissected into hundreds of categories & subcategories. There simply is not the traffic to make a forum this large seem active.
And yes, we lost a lot of entertaining characters in the transition, but let's face it, what we take away from this forum is well worth the admission cost. Likely the best invested money we spend on this sport (short of BRC & other groups that protect our right to ride).

If a few of the "star players" want to take their ball & go home you don't quit playing, you make the best of it & move on.

I agree. They divided an already smaller pie into too many pieces. The entertainment of the forum is content and movement. There isn't as much content because of the lack of movement. I say why would it hurt to collapse the sections? Mix it up some. Try some good old fashion supply and demand to see if you could wake this party up some.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I agree. They divided an already smaller pie into too many pieces. The entertainment of the forum is content and movement. There isn't as much content because of the lack of movement. I say why would it hurt to collapse the sections? Mix it up some. Try some good old fashion supply and demand to see if you could wake this party up some.

The ticker at the bottom shows over 22,000 active users signed on the forum right now, they don't give a rats *** about us right now....hey we bought a video player for them to abuse us with.

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
complete and total B.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
The ticker at the bottom shows over 22,000 active users signed on the forum right now, they don't give a rats *** about us right now....hey we bought a video player for them to abuse us with.

I hear you. Guess my comments were directed to the Christopher fellow that owns the site. Its like a family living in a huge house. They spread out and don't interact with each other. Reduce the real estate footprint of this place and bring everybody closer together.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I better get a reply in because I wont be able to view my own post here shortly.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will remain a basic member until thhings change around here. I hope others that are frustrated with the BS do the same also.

CHRISTOPHER............you reading ANY of this and are you going to do ANYTHING about it?

Eric

PS.........I like how this post got moved out of the general section so it wont get much more attention. lol classic

Premium Features