• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

...at it again...

K

KMCP

Nov 1, 2013
CO
While I understand... If you try take an unbiased look at it , SW is in a tough position as it's hard to attract advertisers and site sponsors in today's world. If I were one, I'd like to se some rules to help swallow my investment too. Us members want our cake and eat it to.. All for free and unregulated!! I think this is also a business discussion.. Hard to get manufacturers and suppliers to support it and give us the industry information we all like to look forward to without them knowing there is some sort of policing going on . We all know a disgruntled customer can cause a lot of damage behind a keyboard, some may be warranted but a lot are also unfounded claims, false, or personal attacks from a competitor or their cronies. We often never hear both sides of the story, just the accusers versions, which we always take the working man's side right! Those are no win situations for a company....and you'll hardly ever see ANY company get on a forum and address an issue publicly .. A PR nightmare for them. We have some small businesses do it one here and we always respond positively to it but you hardly see it ever in the real world outside of sleds. Just my observations good or bad.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
apparently the forum police decided the title "Hitler is at it again" was too offensive...

Seriously?? Who do these moderators think they are?

Playing Devils advocate here but, I have to say if I was a mod I wouldn't want to be compared to the man that orchestrated the deaths of millions of innocent men, women, and children just because I made the decision to shut a thread down, right or wrong.

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
Playing Devils advocate here but, I have to say if I was a mod I wouldn't want to be compared to the man that orchestrated the deaths of millions of innocent men, women, and children just because I made the decision to shut a thread down, right or wrong.

I'll clarify...Hitler was a metaphor. You understand im sure...?

I used it to draw attention to what i felt was a gross misuse of a moderators power.

Having had that word deleted from the title of this thread only confirms what i was highlighting...No?

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
I understand the point you are making. And I am not trying to take sides on the issue, I know there are some mods on here that I don't particularly see eye to eye with. I just think that from the standpoint of the title, maybe a better choice in wording could have been used while still making the same point. Maybe something like, Snowest monarchy wealds the heavy blade of forum oppression once again! :face-icon-small-win

And maybe the title should not have been just changed forcibly by the mod without some conversation between the mod and poster, but I can see both sides of this one.

Just my $0.02

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Must be admin and not mods.. If I or any other mod changed it ... you would see an "Last edited by XXXXXX at XXXX" and a reason.... comment like the one on this post

HERE
v
v
v
v
v
v

Last edited:

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
thread deleted

I had a thread deleted in Arctic Cat turbo 2 months ago becuse I was picking on the cat 4 strokes, ksh mod just happens to ride the cat 4 stroke ???

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I had a thread deleted in Arctic Cat turbo 2 months ago becuse I was picking on the cat 4 strokes, ksh mod just happens to ride the cat 4 stroke ???

Well, he IS the cat moderator. His job is to monitor the Cat forums.

Sounds like he used discretion to take care of something that didn't belong. Nobody just goes and nukes a thread or post without some moderator discussion and good cause unless it's racist, dirty, or vulgar.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I USED to be a "paid" member here.

The only reason i even came here is to see what was in the thread about Dan (crazy canadian)

And make no mistake, people do notice that you showed back up again and not for any particularly good reasons...

==

Christopher,

Im sure "bad Apple" is the same ignorant, unfriendly fool that had always been so rude to everyone on SW several years ago. Its very sad that a few unfriendly people can ruin it for thousands of others.

I suppose I'm venting here, but my wife and I have come and gone from sledding several times now. Both times due to people in general. Why hate on folks who are simply not as knowledgeable about snowmobiling? Why make fun of the enthusiasts back east who only have trails to ride? Why refuse to ride with my wife and I simply because we ride 4-strokes?

All I do is lurk, because you never know what some people are going to razz you about. Ive learned everything on this forum, so I quietly read and browse : )

Some of the other Forums are full of the nicest people. Why do we get these kind of people on here???

Your job is tough. Your between a rock and a hard place I know. I wish us friendly guys could help you.

This is hands down the best, most organized, and smooth operating forum of any that we belong to. Hats off to you Sir!

Its snowing here now, and the Apex is ready for a road ride!

Take care,

B

badapple

Jan 16, 2009
WEST SIDE
And make no mistake, people do notice that you showed back up again and not for any particularly good reasons...

==

Christopher,

Im sure "bad Apple" is the same ignorant, unfriendly fool that had always been so rude to everyone on SW several years ago. Its very sad that a few unfriendly people can ruin it for thousands of others.

I suppose I'm venting here, but my wife and I have come and gone from sledding several times now. Both times due to people in general. Why hate on folks who are simply not as knowledgeable about snowmobiling? Why make fun of the enthusiasts back east who only have trails to ride? Why refuse to ride with my wife and I simply because we ride 4-strokes?

All I do is lurk, because you never know what some people are going to razz you about. Ive learned everything on this forum, so I quietly read and browse : )

Some of the other Forums are full of the nicest people. Why do we get these kind of people on here???

Your job is tough. Your between a rock and a hard place I know. I wish us friendly guys could help you.

This is hands down the best, most organized, and smooth operating forum of any that we belong to. Hats off to you Sir!

Its snowing here now, and the Apex is ready for a road ride!

Take care,
Your attempt to undermine my intelligence with an anonymous PM from someone who doesn't agree with me is irrelevant!

There will be times in your life when your faced with an opposing opinion. These moments define who we are. You can offer your own opinion and facts to back it up, or resort to name calling...i see this member chose the latter.

I AM honest, fair and loyal! I NEVER signed anywhere that i had to be nice, agreeable, friendly or political correct.
If what i say upsets you...change the channel!
-Christopher-

I was astounded that you and/or your moderators decided that a civil dialogue about fairness, honesty and integrity...warranted deleting??

This ISN'T the only source of snowmobile related info. You may be able to fool some new member's that they have stumbled upon the holy grail of snowmobiling... but you're wrong! I think you should be careful. Censorship is a slippery slope...The word is spreading

Premium Features