• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

An official CFI Engine Failure Thread

T
Feb 20, 2011
09 800 failure

ne thread that has nothing but engine failures. This is not at all to be a bash Polaris thread. I think we must realize that for what ever reason, some seem to be having issues and some of us are not. We need to respectful to those that are. This thread is to be ONLY for those that have had engine failures. Please don't post for your buddies or others. Please don't post that you have went 1,500 miles without any problems. I'd like to not clutter up the thread with anything but owners of affected sleds, please.

Try to list as much information as possible and lets see if we can try to come up with some information that might be of some benefit. This thread is intended to give us some information that might help ALL CFI owners. If you've had multiple failures, try to list the dates and mileages if possible.

I would like to compile this information on a spreadsheet and send it Polaris asking for their inputs and anything we as owners of these sleds could do to avert possible issues. If someone wishes to not post in the thread, you could pm me your info.

Please list the following:

Date of Failure
Year
Make
Model
Mileage
Engine Displacement
Track Length
Brand of fuel and octane
Oil Used
Mapping
Ethanol Resistor connected
Elevation that you ride
Area's or locations that you ride

Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands
Fuel Controller's
Intake Modifications
Clutch Mod's, kit
Gearing, if other than stock
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage
Engine mods, t-stat mods, porting, etc.
Aftermarket Boards...
Drop N Roll
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer

EDIT I've added a few more questions

Warranty yes or no
When did Warranty Expire
Updated Pistons yes or no
Type of Failure ie Piston, (from lean, deto,oil ) Crank and or Bearing, Rod, etc.
Compression Test/Results if done
Was check Engine Light Blinking Prior to failure

Edit 2-12-11 Thanks to 2dabar

Injector Color

Also:

Type of Sled Transportation, Enclosed, Open, Deck, etc.
Sled Storage, Indoors, Outdoors, Enclosed Trailer, Heated Shop, Unheated, Summertime Storage, etc.
Weather Conditions, Air Temp on the date of failure
How may miles into the ride failure occurred

EDIT...ADDED INFO ASKED FOR BY wstilson, Thank you.

Has clutch been balanced...yes or no

I have some theories but would like to see some more data. Thank you for your time. I realize I'm looking for alot of information but I'm not so sure the issues are that cut and dry.[/QUOTE]

09 800 iq had new head and double ring pistons and reflash before bought april 2010 had dealer put in v force reeds and slp can only
went north 3rd trip 1400 mile hole in piston has original warr through march
dropped at dealer waiting for call he said had another come in only 400 mile same thing hole in middle of piston
only hauled in enclosed trailer and always stored inside
always added blue stabil to fuel and ran 91 93 gas
wires unplugged
did foul plug at 740 mile then seem to run fine
bought 3 year polaris protection did notice got app in mail this week thank goodness i allready did i paid like 963 for 3 years now like 1300 thought that was very strange just now change rates
i dont know whether to trade or keep so bummed got rid of old sled when blew twice thought anything new way to go

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
This is a failure that occured before i owned it.
how common are failures of 700 cfi motors is there far fewer or is there just less of them
Motor had some porting and compression ratio adjustments made. The guy never quite got the mapping where he wanted. seizure once, then put back to stock, just the pipe after that.

Date of Failure Mar.07
Year2007
Make polaris
Model700 Dragon rmk
Mileage 950 miles
Engine Displacement700
Track Length 162 ez-ryde
Brand of fuel and octane premium, av gas at time of full mods
Oil Used ves gold
Mapping stock then boondocker custom then stock again or current reflash i guess
Ethanol Resistor connected 07 don't have one
Elevation that you ride 3000'-6000'
Area's or locations that you ride north east bc. (cold)

Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands Slp single, porting and head mods. but only pipe at time of failure. did seize with mods. put back to stock after that.
Fuel Controller's boon docker
Intake Modifications slp big horn, additional filtered intake vents in dash
Clutch Mod's, kit
Gearing, if other than stock stock
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage ???
Aftermarket Boards...????
Drop N Roll ????
reflash were done

Rod snapped remaining crank cut the crank case in half
warranty was done. i guess cause it was stock at time of failure.

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
I've thought about doing this for a long time. I think it's time to have one thread that has nothing but engine failures. This is not at all to be a bash Polaris thread. I think we must realize that for what ever reason, some seem to be having issues and some of us are not. We need to respectful to those that are. This thread is to be ONLY for those that have had engine failures. Please don't post for your buddies or others. Please don't post that you have went 1,500 miles without any problems. I'd like to not clutter up the thread with anything but owners of affected sleds, please.

Try to list as much information as possible and lets see if we can try to come up with some information that might be of some benefit. This thread is intended to give us some information that might help ALL CFI owners. If you've had multiple failures, try to list the dates and mileages if possible.

I would like to compile this information on a spreadsheet and send it Polaris asking for their inputs and anything we as owners of these sleds could do to avert possible issues. If someone wishes to not post in the thread, you could pm me your info.

Date of Failure
Year
Make
Model
Mileage
Engine Displacement
Track Length
Brand of fuel and octane
Oil Used
Mapping
Elevation that you ride
Area's or locations that you ride

Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands
Fuel Controller's
Intake Modifications
Clutch Mod's, kit
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage
Aftermarket Boards...
Drop N Roll

Warranty yes or no
When did Warranty Expire
Updated Pistons yes or no
Type of Failure ie Piston, (from lean, deto,oil ) Crank and or Bearing, Rod, etc.
Compression Test/Results if done

Edit 2-12-11 Thanks to 2dabar

Injector Color

Also:

Type of Sled Transportation, Enclosed, Open, Deck, etc.
Sled Storage, Indoors, Outdoors, Enclosed Trailer, Heated Shop, Unheated, Summertime Storage, etc.
Weather Conditions, Air Temp on the date of failure
How may miles into the ride failure occurred

EDIT...ADDED INFO ASKED FOR BY wstilson, Thank you.

Has clutch been balanced...yes or no

I have some theories but would like to see some more data. Thank you for your time. I realize I'm looking for alot of information but I'm not so sure the issues are that cut and dry.
For the benefit of everyone, it might be useful to know whether the failed engine suffered from any of the "driveability issues" common to some of these motors prior to experiencing the failure. Things such as hesitations, stumbles, DET activation, etc.

estaked

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Date of Failure- 2/26/11
Year- 2009
Make- Polaris
Model- Assault

Mileage- about 725
Engine Displacement- 800
Track Length- 146

Brand of fuel and octane- 90 Non-eth
Oil Used- Polaris gold
Mapping-
Ethanol Resistor connected- No

Elevation that you ride- 5000-8000
Area's or locations that you ride- Central Oregon

Modifications- Slp Can, and air horn.
Fuel Controller's- N/A
Intake Modifications- Slp
Clutch Mod's, kit- N/A

Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage- N/A
Engine mods, t-stat mods, porting, etc. N/A
Aftermarket Boards- Better Boards
Drop N Roll- N/A
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer- Just Updates

Warranty- Yes
When did Warranty Expire- N/A
Updated Pistons- Yes
Type of Failure- Mag side Piston stuck, find out more on tuesday(3/1).
Compression Test/Results if done. pending
Was check Engine Light Blinking Prior to failure- Yes

Injector Color- not sure

Type of Sled Transportation- Truck Bed
Sled Storage- Outside most of the time, covered.
Weather Conditions- 20s
How may miles into the ride failure occurred 17 mi

Update, I guess the Cylinder and Piston melted, hopefully find out more tomorrow.

Update #2- Dealership called and said that Polaris will not honor the warranty that ends on Friday because I had the SLP intake. Hopefully my extended warranty will cover the fixing of my pistons.

update#3- Extended Warranty is covering it. New top end, on both sides. But everything is on back order. Probably won't get to ride again this year. Thanks Polaris!

Update #4- Well after two months of waiting, the sled is fixed. Thanks to cylinder parts put on back order twice.

Last edited:

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
Date of Failure Feb 27 2011
Year- 2009
Model -Assault
Mileage -1900
Engine Displacement -800
Track Length -146
Brand of fuel and octane -coop premium
Oil Used -ves gold
Mapping -SLP
Ethanol Resistor -dis connected
Elevation that you ride -2000'
Area's or locations that you ride -Saskatchewan at time of burndown

Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands -SLP pipe
Fuel Controller's- PCV SLP map
Intake Modifications -stock
Clutch Mod's,- 68g mtx,carles helix
Gearing, if other than -stock
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage -1200 miles
Engine mods, t-stat mods, porting, etc. -Stock
Aftermarket Boards...-WRP
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer - complete service done at dealer at 1200 miles

Warranty yes or no- Yes
When did Warranty Expire
Updated Pistons yes or no- Yes
Type of Failure ie Piston, (from lean, deto,oil ) Crank and or Bearing, Rod, etc. - PTO side piston Scored, lost compression(from what i can see so far)
Compression Test/Results if done -30lbs on pto side
Was check Engine Light Blinking Prior to failure -blinked once went into limp mode

Note that the engine never seized, just lost power and went into limp mode, this happened 40 miles into our ride, temp was 130deg,

Last edited:
G
Nov 26, 2007
Funny story my 09 800 dragon with 800 miles went down with a ring break/ piston failure. while i was there bitchen to the dealer another guy came in with same exact sled same exact miles with a totaly blown motor. Piston that was good even looked like total dog ****, but luckly no major damage and im going with the "fix" POS the only reason i bought a polaris is my bad luck wiht every skidoo motor in owned. Sorry guys, i guess i brought my bad luck to the polaris side. Only mod is HPS can.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
Date of Failure: Feb 19, 2011
Year: 2009
Make: Polaris
Model 800 dragon
Mileage: right at 2000
Engine Displacement: 800
Track Length: 163"
Brand of fuel and octane: 91
Oil Used: Amsoil interceptor
Mapping: all maps from 2009 used in the turbos to latest
Ethanol Resistor connected: at time of failure it was connected
Elevation that you ride: 4-8k
Area's or locations that you ride: Bitterroot Valley area and Lolo pass

Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands: HPS can, Vents
Fuel Controller's: Debeck Gen 3.5
Intake Modifications: none
Clutch Mod's, kit: none
Gearing, if other than stock: 19/42
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage: replaced at 1800(did nothing)
Engine mods, t-stat mods, porting, etc.: none
Aftermarket Boards... : snow elim.
Drop N Roll: no
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer: updated head and pistons which were way out of specs... has .009" of clearance

Warranty: nope
When did Warranty Expire: Sept 2010
Updated Pistons: yes with .009" of clearance to the cyl. (polaris recomends .006 max)
Type of Failure: catastrophic engine failure...lost cyl skirt due to piston slapping.
Compression: test showed good compression but under load it would lose compression
Was check Engine Light Blinking Prior to failure: no

Injector Color: blue

How may miles into the ride failure occurred: 2

Has clutch been balanced...yes

001-11.jpg

002-13.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-6.jpg

the culprit
008-8.jpg

007-8.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
ouch.. you should email those pictures to polaris..

I will just do a rough one for my roomates sled as I dont know all the details.

2009 800 163
1400ish miles
~600 on updated top end
runs 91 with ethanol plug in
ves gold
stock clutch, no balancing
runs in montana at mainly 4-9k.. was at ~5k when it died.
waranty was up the day before she puked.
totally stock besides a hps that was installed within 100 miles of the burndown.

It scored the crap out of one of the pistons, other one was pretty bad as well, really smeared the ring in, had to get a replated monoblock it dug in so hard.
check engine light was on for tps wouldnt pull rpm had weird popping sounds in the midrange, idled low.
tps was checked and reset and that didnt fix it, but it was already burned down at this point.

sled is babied, always warmed up to the point i get sick of waiting for him.. covered when it leaves the garage.. truck bed and sleddeck for transport. its seriously motor wise taken care of to the point it makes me sad, the most $$ oil, only no ethanol premium, freaks out about tiny snow dust getting into airbox. this thing was taken great care of and still smoked itself. now he has a afr gauge and a dobeck 3.5 box and added quite a bit of fuel to the mids and cleand the bottom and top ends up, it runs a LOT harder then it used to.

Last edited:

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Date of Failure Which time? (Last-- 012011)
Year 2009
Make Polaris
Model dragon
Mileage 389 on this top end, something under 900 miles on sled;
Engine Displacement 800
Track Length 155
Brand of fuel and octane City Market 91
Oil Used Pol Gold
Mapping Update
Elevation that you ride 10000
Area's or locations that you ride Grand Mesa Colorado

Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands None
Fuel Controller's none
Intake Modifications none
Clutch Mod's, kit none
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage Polaris, app 389 miles
Engine mods, t-stat mods, porting, etc. none
Aftermarket Boards... none
Drop N Roll no
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer Lots. See below

Warranty yes or no Not that they will admit
When did Warranty Expire Oct 2010 while sled was sitting at dealership over
electrical (short and VR) problems
Updated Pistons yes or no Yes
Type of Failure ie Piston, (from lean, deto,oil ) Crank and or Bearing, Rod, etc.\ Lean-- caused flash expansion, seizure
Compression Test/Results if done 0
Was check Engine Light Blinking Prior to failure No

Injector Color Stock-- Yellow?

Also:

Type of Sled Transportation, Enclosed, Open, Deck, etc. DEck, covered
Sled Storage, Indoors, Outdoors, Enclosed Trailer, Heated Shop, Unheated, Summertime Storage, etc. Unheated garage
Weather Conditions, Air Temp on the date of failur Overcast, 17--23 degrees
How may miles into the ride failure occurred 5/6 miles

Has clutch been balanced...yes or no Factory claims they do......

MY COMMENTS:

The one year warranty add-0n was a joke, too. The letter said it ends June, 2010. If you had a 2009 with a two year warranty, the "free" warranty was actually inside the time frame of your two year warranty. They gave us nothing.

I have bought two top ends in less than 440 miles during my ownership and in some 900 miles of the sled's life. The sled is on its second MFD, chassis relay, stator, and maybe 3rd voltage regulator.

I just installed Wiseco pistons in a replated cylinder. I was sorry that an aftermarket gasket set was not available--Polaris did not deserve my hundred something dollars for the few o-rings,etc.

Its not all pistons-- the second factory new cylinder bore was 3.347 inches, or 85.01 mm. That is large enough that a full diameter piston (85 mm or 3.34 inches, would have been close to factory clearance.

The pistons were different-- one was 3.320 in (84.328) and the other 3.338
(84.7852). The clearances were .027 (.6858) and .009 (.2286) -- neither within spec.

It was fun-- I could get a .035 in/.88 mm feeler guage between the skirt and the cylinder with the piston at top of bore. The little piston practically drops in without trying to compress the rings-- gravity will do it.

Sorry, I don't have at hand the dimensions of my third cylinder block or the Wiseco pistons.
Like so many others, I am really mad.

bluemaxco

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado Springs
Date of Failure - Jan 2011
Year - 2009
Make - Polaris
Model - 800 RMK
Mileage - 1015 miles
Engine Displacement - 800
Track Length - 155
Brand of fuel and octane - 91 with up to 10 % ethanol
Oil Used - VES Gold
Mapping - stock flash at time of recall update done in Oct of 2009
Ethanol Resistor - Disconnected
Elevation that you ride - 8000'-11,500'
Area's or locations that you ride - All over Colorado

Modifications - None, totally stock.

Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage - No
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer - Recall update in Oct 2009

Sled goes into limp mode when RPMs approach 6000. Check Engine light is a constant flash (no amount of flashes). Removed exhaust valves to take a look. PTO piston is severely scuffed and gray in color. MAG side appears normal. Compression is 85 MAG and 60 PTO. Haven't torn the engine down yet to see if Cylinder needs replating. Sled still starts and idles fine. Have the PMS "Fix" kit on it's way.

I got the 2 year engine warranty when I bought the sled in Nov of 2008. The sled lasted exactly 2 years plus 2 rides this year.

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
08D8 163" with jan. 15th flash PCV since update, slp pipe and slp map in PCV, ethanol wires unplugged, Blue marble or VES Gold, alway's worked throttle like a mod sled, 2400miles mag side piston toast, and the PTO side piston rocks like a worn out Briggs & Stratton. New Pro? Not until it's proven.
Failed Feb. 2011
Pulled the cylinders and they look just like Cajun's. Broken skirt that went through the bottom of the case.

Last edited:

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Date of Failure:

11/2010 Catastrophic failure. Broke piston skirt into crank and took out the monoblock, cases and motor mount. Mileage 1400

2/25/2011 Pulled pistons after noticing severe scoring. 2010 pistons and monoblock with 160 miles on them. Pistons measured .011 and .010. (<100% out of spec).

Year2009
Make polaris
Model Assault
Engine Displacement800
Track Length 146
Brand of fuel: premium
Oil Used: Amsoil interceptor
Mapping stock 1st, April 2010 2nd
Mods: SLP pipe\can.
Ethanol Resistor connected 07: don't have one
Elevation that you ride 9000'-12000'
Area's or locations that you ride: Colorado high elevation

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Date of Failure- mid december of 09 and once again in mid december of 10.
Year-2009
Make-polaris
Model-dragon 800 155
Mileage-2000
Engine Displacement-800cc
Track Length-155
Brand of fuel and octane-91O
il Used-skidoo mineral synthetic blend
Mapping-updated reguarly
Ethanol Resistor connected-no
Elevation that you ride-6000-10000
Area's or locations that you ride-montana, idaho, wyoming

Modifications, First time was bone stock 2 weeks after buying it. Second i had SLp twin pipes, Poweraddiction 13.5-1 head, hill climb screws in track, skidplate, carbonfiber hood, 19-42 gearing,ez-ryde rear suspension, fox evol X shocks up front with 06 IQR front suspension, boss seat. Ohh and alot of powdercoaiting.
Fuel Controller's-, first was none, second was PCV
Intake Modifications-none
Clutch Mod's, first stock, second fastrax clutching
Gearing, if other than stock-first as stock, second was19/42
Fuel filter Replacement,replaced at 1700 miles. Engine went down at 2100 miles
Engine mods,head, slight exhaust polishing.
Aftermarket Boards...-none
Drop N Roll-none
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer-all updates

RIP buddy.

First break down was a week after buying it. Both jugs were scored. Second was massive failure. Broken skirt, and one powdered piston. Was RIPPING like a raped ape for 3 weeks before.

cf hood 2.jpg AUTO TUNE instal 22.jpg AUTO TUNE instal.jpg sled 22.jpg

Last edited:
S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
Date of Failure: 1/9/11 and 3/11/11
Year: 2009
Model: Assault
Mileage: about 1100 and 1300
Engine Displacement: 800
Track Length: 146
Brand of fuel and octane: pump gas 91 0ctane
Oil Used: amsoil HP injector
Mapping: stock/piston update
Ethanol Resistor connected: yes
Elevation that you ride: 9000-12000
Area's or locations that you ride: Southwestern Colorado

Mods: none bone fricking stock
Clutch Mod's: 58 gram weights
Fuel filter Replacement: After first warranty on motor at about 1100
warranty work performed at the dealer: piston update in sept of 10

Warranty: yes
Updated Pistons yes
Type of Failure: First time crank shaft seized (acording to dealer)
Second time not sure yet but from the plug I pulled it looks like a piston
Compression Test/Results: no
Was check Engine Light Blinking Prior to failure: about 2 seconds prior
Injector Color: unsure

Type of Sled Transportation: open always coverd on trailer and back of truck had been uncoverd for a about a month
Sled Storage: Outdoors/summertime indoors
Weather Conditions, Air Temp on the date of failure: First was a cold morning about 20* let the sled warm to about 110* and rode about four miles up a trail, hitting powder along the way, varrying throttle, and it just died and was seized

Second: warm day about 40* rode about 5 miles up a trail and then about another 5 in powder and hill climbing, was blurping the throttle on long wide open climbs. Made a small climb to help someone who was stuck and it started to feel like it was running one cylender then light for a sec then dead.

Has clutch been balanced: ? dont think so

Last edited:
D

dragonrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Redmond, OR
This sled hasen't run right since the piston update last year. I guess I should of ordered the FIX Kit from pmspolaris.com before now. So I quess I will send of the crank to get new bearings and trued $500-$550, cylinders off to get replated $250, order the FIX Kit $585 and not buy a new POLARIS PRICELESS.

Date of Failure 3/7/2011
Year 2008
Make Polaris
Model Dragon Rmk
Mileage 2800
Engine Displacement 800
Track Length 163
Brand of fuel and octane 91 non-ethenal
Oil Used Amsoil Interceptor
Mapping Updated map
Ethanol Resistor connected Yes
Elevation that you ride 5,000-10,000
Area's or locations that you ride Oregon-Idaho
Modifications, Turbo's, Pipes, Cans, Brands SLP Single Pipe
Fuel Controller's Power Commandor with SLP Map
Intake Modifications SLP Intake
Clutch Mod's,Team green in primary 62gram weights. secondary- black/purple spring, 64-40-46 helix
Gearing, if other than stock Stock
Fuel filter Replacement, when and at what mileage Beginning of this year
Engine mods, t-stat mods, porting, etc. none
Aftermarket Boards...better boards
Drop N Roll no
Any prior service or warranty work performed at the dealer.
Yes
Warranty yes or no no
When did Warranty Expire December 7, 2010
Updated Pistons yes or no Yes Polaris piston updated 10/10/2009
Type of Failure ie Piston, (from lean, deto,oil ) Crank and or Bearing, Rod, etc. Both pistons, cylinder walls, shavings all over the crank. haven't pulled the crank and split the cases yet.
Compression Test/Results if done NO
NO
Type of Sled Transportation, Enclosed, Open, Deck, etc. Sled Deck
Sled Storage, Indoors, Outdoors, Enclosed Trailer, Heated Shop, Unheated, Summertime Storage, etc. Sleds are kept in a shop when not in use
Weather Conditions, Air Temp on the date of failure overcast not snowing, 28, 03/06/2011
How may miles into the ride failure occurred 2 miles into my Sunday ride.
Has clutch been balanced...yes or no Not this year

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I did some more clean-up

Alright guys, I've gone through this thread again and taken out a lot of the small talk and off-topic discussion to try to focus us back to the original direction of this thread.

If you want to talk about different issues or small talk about our or other brand sleds, start a new thread about it, for the sake of the 75 post basic member viewing limit, WE NEED TO KEEP THIS ONE ON TOPIC.

Please do not take offense if your post has been deleted, this is a unique thread with the 75 post limit becoming a very big and un-avoidable issue.... we need to remember that fact.

Thanks for your understanding on this issue.

:focus:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
looks to me that the commom denominator is that all major engine failers are on the '09 's and older. doesnt seem that the '10s have the same issue

I thought the same thing but there have been a few 10's go down in here. I was part of a group that lost a 10 one day and a 09 the next. Pretty much the exact same thing, the motor looked almost the same, the difference is that we rode the 10 out on one cylinder knowing it had warranty, it put a hole in the lower end because of that.

I think the new cylinder helps, but until you get a piston that is to spec in there, it won't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
so why cant you have the cylinder renicked to fit the piston better. wouldnt that an easy fix

You can, but I'm not sure that is the correct fix. Sure it will solve the problem but you better make sure you get it done right, it is expensive and you are stuck with that piston.

I think the cheapest solution is to go with the Wiseco replacement pistons. That is the route I am going. Monte (fullmonte) has had good luck with his. I think he is close to 2k miles on them. But don't hold me on that mileage.

Premium Features