• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New flash

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Just talked to Carl's and it is confirmed to be the new flash. On my way to get it now!!

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I dropped mine off last night to have it flashed back to the 09 program. I called them this morning and they are going to check on the one that just came out. They new nothing about it :rolleyes:

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Already got 'er done. It is the real updated flash. Call Shane at Carl's 208-853-5550. He has a Polaris engineer in house today.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
I just called the other dealer, he is looking into it, it may be that Polaris hasn't released it to it's service centers, but places like Carls, etc. have it already it seems?:confused:

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Shane said he had to dig deep once he suspected there was a new flash. Not sure why Polaris doesn't get the word out as they update their stuff.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Conflicting information,

one Dealer say's it's there,

one dealersays it's not it's not

one say's it's the old one from November..... WTh?

I've called them enough for one day....

isn't there an app for this....?

Anybody got the straight dope?????

Shane @ Carls says it's there and he has a Polaris Engineer standing right in the shop, my dealer says he loaded it onto his Digital Wrench and it is the update from October.....WTH?

Last edited:

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
My dealer has it. Found out about it today. Also tested the PCV today, at 1400' with jims stock map. Mid range seems to fit completely fixed, top end is still rich, or so it feels. Topping out at about 7900, max I can get for a second or so is 8050. I'll try dropping two grams see if it helps. Also got it to bog pretty good a few times. Not a throw you over the bars bog, just bogged down to to about 7000, throttle out and back in and it was good again. Long WOT pulls it seemed to bog if the sled was on end, if it was just over a field then it would come down to about 7900 and stay there. Maybe cause it's got more load if the sled is on end?

Anyway. Back on track, the flash is real and my dealer has flashed two so far.

Dec 22, 2008
EASTERN, UTAH
my dealer has it. Found out about it today. Also tested the pcv today, at 1400' with jims stock map. Mid range seems to fit completely fixed, top end is still rich, or so it feels. Topping out at about 7900, max i can get for a second or so is 8050. I'll try dropping two grams see if it helps. Also got it to bog pretty good a few times. Not a throw you over the bars bog, just bogged down to to about 7000, throttle out and back in and it was good again. Long wot pulls it seemed to bog if the sled was on end, if it was just over a field then it would come down to about 7900 and stay there. Maybe cause it's got more load if the sled is on end?

Anyway. Back on track, the flash is real and my dealer has flashed two so far.

what weight & how many grams you running to see those r's??

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
My sleds done this is what I was told.

"Your sled has been flashed with the latest flash from Polaris Digital Wrench.
I called Polaris and they said the info on this flash will be released by memo on Thursday. Techline was not sure what changes the flash will address other than help with but not cure the bog and other running issues."

I'd take it for a ride this afternoon but it's -46f right now :eek:

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
The dealerships that are 60 miles north and 60 miles south of me say they have it and can do it. "Bring it on in pal, we'll do it while you wait!"

The dealership 1 (one) mile east doesn't know anything about it.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
PCV owners - Don't get the update and then run your PCV map. Your PCV map is an alteration to the map that is currently on your sled. Your are likely to be very lean up top if Polaris leaned out for more HP.

Premium Features