• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HID headlights on 2009 RMK 800 Dragon

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
With a bunch of help from Cat Killer I was able to install my favorite mod of all on my D8, my HID headlights.

I ordered the kit from www.vvme.com

They are the H4's.

What is special about this kit is that there is a halogen bulb attached to the side of the HID bulb. This allows you to have Hi beams as well as your Low beams. HID's do not have a long projection like halogens, hence why it is so important to retain a halogen bulb in there.

The kit was $60 shipped to my door and seemed of the up most quality.
The kit is 44.99 + 14.99 shipping.

The kit that is reccomended to order is the high/low beam hid. It is the 35 watt kit. High beam is halogen bulb, low beam is hid.

I riveted the ballasts to the inside of my Dash air plenum.
The kit is a plug and play. You plug your stock headlight plug into the HID ballast, then there is a relay harness from the ballast to the HID bulb.

It makes me so happy every time I see those 8000K HID's light up!
Hope you enjoy my photos. I'll get some night shots up eventually.

http://www.vvme.com/standard-h429003-hid-conversion-kit-p-50.html?cPath=44_53_47
photo-752428.jpg

photo-764081.jpg

photo-739771.jpg

Last edited:

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
TCP front bumper

Who's front bumper is that? Never seen it before. Those light look awesome!!

-Nolan

The bumper was purchased from Tri City Performance in Centerville Utah.

It was 179.99 and you can get it in powder coated white, red, or textured black. It seems super sturdy and what i like most about it is how much hand grabbing area it has. Seems like you could get 3 guys lifting on the bumper when your stuck, that was my main selling point on it.

What's cool about it is that is just rivets to the stock aluminum bumper, you just drill 3 holes and use rivets. There number is 801 298 8081, talk to Jeff in parts.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
The link is in my first post. Make sure you order the hid's that have hid low beam and halogen high beam.
Bi xenon uses the same hid bulb for high and low beams by having the bulb move up and down according to the headlight switch position. The mechanism that moves these bulbs up and down will fail quickly due to the amount of vibrations. The other option is a single beam hid, but there is no reason to get that bulb unless you hate having high beams. I got all this info from cat killer. He went through pains already and was gracious enough to pass his knowledge onto me.

Last edited:
C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
im glad you like the HIDS harrysmith500,
youll love them in the snow and at night . if any one else has questions just PM me and ill be more than happy to help out
some people worry about breaking these kits but ive got over 6000 miles with these lights sence 2007 and not one problem so if you ride at night and want more light then get these
and if you dont want them in your headlights you can always buy a center beam kit from polaris and install an H1 hid kit in there they are sweet for distance light.

UP2NOGD88

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2009
ND
Thanks Harrysmith500. I ordered mine today, I will put some pics up of the new Assault once all the parts are on.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
That looks awesome. Is this the right kit?

http://www.vvme.com/standard-h429003-hid-conversion-kit-p-50.html?cPath=44_53_47

And also what is the difference in the colors? Like from the 8000K, 10000K, or 12000K? Is it only the color? Would the 12000K be as much brighter as it looks? Or is that just how the pic was taken? I love the blue, 10000K, but would it be to blue?

I run the 6000k's in my street vehicles. I can't imagine running even the 8000's on the snow as they are getting pretty blue. andthing bigger than 8000 would be all for show. The white snow really turns blue fast with a blue light. If I put hid's in my sled, they would most likely be 4300's....maybe 6k's but no higher. Just my opinion....I like to see where I am going in the dark.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
Ive tested these lights in all conditions and the 8ks are the best in snow, and on dry roads the 6ks or 5ks are the best.
The blue just helps define the bumps and creek bottoms better

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I run the 6000k's in my street vehicles. I can't imagine running even the 8000's on the snow as they are getting pretty blue. andthing bigger than 8000 would be all for show. The white snow really turns blue fast with a blue light. If I put hid's in my sled, they would most likely be 4300's....maybe 6k's but no higher. Just my opinion....I like to see where I am going in the dark.

That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that. Although the 12000's look about the same "color" as the 8000, just LOT brighter. Is that really how it is? Or is the camera's fault?

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Ive tested these lights in all conditions and the 8ks are the best in snow, and on dry roads the 6ks or 5ks are the best.
The blue just helps define the bumps and creek bottoms better

Right on thanks. Sounds like blue it is then. Do you know if these same bulbs would fit an edge? I haven't checked to see if an edge and an IQ use the same bulb. Have a buddy with an edge who is also interested.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
yes they will fit, almost every sled on the market takes an H4 bulb becides most arctic cats witch in there case runs 880 bulbs and have seperate high and low beams.

on my 600 rmk i had 2 years ago i have 8ks in the headlights and i had a 3000k in my center beam witch is a yellow bulb, it sure was nice for night riding and when it was flat out.

Premium Features