• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Recall

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
I heard today that the Assault model 800s are not included in this recall, is this true??? First I've heard of it, whats different??? Any input??

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
I guess I am not to worried because you lucky bastards in Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana will be runnin your updated sleds before me so you can keep me posted on how they are running. My dealer said he was getting 2 kits a week shipped and had 13 sleds waiting so I dropped mine off last week. I think I am going to call and tell them I want the old parts back!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I heard today that the Assault model 800s are not included in this recall, is this true??? First I've heard of it, whats different??? Any input??

they are included..it is all 08 and 09 800 cfi engines from polaris....

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I guess I am not to worried because you lucky bastards in Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana will be runnin your updated sleds before me so you can keep me posted on how they are running. My dealer said he was getting 2 kits a week shipped and had 13 sleds waiting so I dropped mine off last week. I think I am going to call and tell them I want the old parts back!

I doubt they will let you keep any of the old parts as they will have to be turned back in to Polaris. At least I assume that is how it works. I'm with you on letting the people out west be the guinea pigs. I have access to aftermarket twin ring pistons, fuel controllers and I could get the stock head modded. So if it doesn't perform I may just do this my way. :D

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Correct, called and was advised old parts had to be shipped back to Polaris. I decided to say screw it and get it done but hope it doesn't turn out to be a mistake since mine was runnin like a champ with just the midrange bog. I can't believe they are only going to warranty them until January.......WTF? Should be for mileage rather than a few months. Big Bore will be calling my name if anything happens but don't really have the $ for that either. Crossin my finger they got it right!

mountaintop

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2008
Saw on another post someone using an automotive fuel filter (larger capacity) on these sleds, anybody got a part #? Also do you know if they have the same flow rate/restriction etc, or will changing to this type of filter cause more issues?

T
Nov 28, 2007
Correct, called and was advised old parts had to be shipped back to Polaris. I decided to say screw it and get it done but hope it doesn't turn out to be a mistake since mine was runnin like a champ with just the midrange bog. I can't believe they are only going to warranty them until January.......WTF? Should be for mileage rather than a few months. Big Bore will be calling my name if anything happens but don't really have the $ for that either. Crossin my finger they got it right!
I'm hopin it turns out well. They are changing the cylinders and pistons and changing the compression from the stock 13+ to one compression to 11.5 to 1. This along with a new flash. I don't imagine losing that much compression is gonna be good on the hill or good for response and launch at sea level.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Saw on another post someone using an automotive fuel filter (larger capacity) on these sleds, anybody got a part #? Also do you know if they have the same flow rate/restriction etc, or will changing to this type of filter cause more issues?

any ford fuel filter will work..injection isnt picky about too free flowing(which is what it would be since the filter has to have about 400% more filter area then the stock one....) try 1 off a 87 ford 1/2 ton with a 302..

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Are they charging all the owners for the SLP can even if the sled is still in factory warranty? I could maybe see it for an 08 that is out of warranty but not on a 09.

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
Are they charging all the owners for the SLP can even if the sled is still in factory warranty? I could maybe see it for an 08 that is out of warranty but not on a 09.

If you have an RMK that is used both in low elevations, and high, you should change your can to either the new factory (short track) can with a charge of $125 or opt for the aftermarket SLP. My dealer gave me a "deal" on the aftermarket SLP can. I do have a '09 D8 155".

D

Dragonbag

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 29, 2007
Alberta
Same question I have. What is considered "low elevation"? I usually ride at 3000-4000 ft, when not in the mountains.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I really do not want to give up my hps can. I wonder will it do any harm in keeping it on there? I can just put the stock can back on if it needs to go back in for warranty. Anyone else that rides at low elevation keeping their hps?

Premium Features