For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Proteus88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice: Replacing Throttle Assemly and Ignition-370 Panther

Hi,

I need your advice: How complicated would this repair be?

I bought a used 2006 370 Panther that had a faulty ignition. I was able to enjoy the machine all season this year (as long as kill switch "UP" no key was needed) until today. I rolled the machine on a cut line and the kill switch broke off. Minutes later I actually almost hit a Caribou that came blasting out of the trees (eventful morning!)

So I need to order a new ignition+key which I imagine is quite an easy installation that I can do.

Do you think the throttle assembly and kill switch (part seen here: https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-ca...no-2w-w-on-off ) is a task a guy with basic mechanical skills can handle or better left to a proper mechanic?

Thanks guys!

Rate this post: Yes | No