• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Still Undecided. 165 or 175?

O

oredigger

Nov 28, 2007
Troy, MT
This week left to snow check and I'm definitely going to get one but still can't decide which track length. Test rode them both earlier in the season with local dealer, both of them rip. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot difference in handling. Maybe in spring conditions but I doubt there is much.

What is everyone's 2 cents on this?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
How big are you? Where do you like to ride the most. I’m huge and I like to ride in the trees. I’m a decent rider but not great. The 175 has been the best sled I’ve ever ridden. The biggest thing I think it does for you me is that I can ride slower in tough conditions which allows me more time to my decisions. I LOVE the deep days and I pick a sled based on how it’s going to work on those days. On the marginal days there’s not much dif and it’s tougher to get around on the hard snow or icy days but I’ll tkae that trade off. I’m frankly amazed at some of the stuff I climbed and rode in this year. Also it’s the first sled I’ve ridden basically stock for a whole year. Just did shocks on this one. Super happy with it.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
You can't go wrong with the 165

If you have a serious need for the 175, do it
These needs would include items such as: you break a lot of trail, you're larger than your average human, or you never really ride low snow amounts.

pallet123

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2011
I'm 300# , and the 165 is awesome. I have a 16 174 T3, and the 165 does it all better. 175 for deep snow for sure. 165 is a great all around sled.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I’m 185lbs before gear and had the 165 or 175 decisions when snowchecking my 2018 175. I came from a 2015 XM 154. I went 175 and I could not be happier. This sled handles so well, you can toss it like nothing. You DO NOT notice the length, it’s great in tight trees. I notice it the most when I stop in a stupid place, it’s so forgiving and gets you out of there. It obviously climbs like mad too. I did have to tighten the limiter strap to get the front end down. My logic was that it’s only 1 more lug on the ground so I might as well gain the extra traction and lose pretty much nothing in the handling department. Also, 2 of my other friends switched to 175s at the same time love them.

O

oredigger

Nov 28, 2007
Troy, MT
Thanks for info. I ride mostly in northwest montana. Coming off a XM 163. One of my friends that I ride with has a 16' 174 and he gets around really good in all conditions. And that thing is a tanker compared to the 850 175. ha ha...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
easy to extend longer if ya feel the need later. making shorter, not so much

Premium Features