• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help find me a cabin in the Mountains saction and get fee and subscription Section.

Texasron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Dallas, Tx
Not to be against R.Estate agents, if sledders see a cabin or out of way house in predesignated areas (sections) they could list a number or location. I would most likely buy something around Steamboat down to Salida,Co. Not a full bore list price, pumped up listing with a proud owner. I'm tired of motels and overpriced rooms, just as soon to move there. Texasron

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
After 3 years of searching we bought a cabin on the Grand Mesa. My experience taught me that people only sell cabins one of two ways, both bad. Either they have lost interest in it and they are getting rid of it or they never completed it. Either way the deferred maintenance or required amount to finish it is substantial. (Ours was never finished - it cost six figures to complete). It is the rare cabin that is sold that is in good overall move in condition. Of the 20 or 30 or so we looked at, not one was move in ready. If you were to find one like that expect to pay a mighty premium for the privilege. There are a number of lots for sale in our subdivison but none of them have cabins on them. We are within one mile of a plowed Forest Service parking lot that gives us access to the entire Grand Mesa. We keep a maintained trail to the parking lot. A 35 acre lot in here is running around 110k and up. We have power, no phone, dig your own well, put in your own septic system. HOA dues are $300 a year. All of that goes to maintaining the road.

Good luck!

Premium Features