• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 Assault SLP not pulling RPMs

M
Oct 24, 2018
2016 Assault 600 with an SLP stage 3 is not pulling RPMs. 420 miles.. it has

SLP full exhaust
SLP high flow intake
Vforce 3R reeds
Power commander (SLP map)

Clutching:
140/340 primary (recommended by SLP)
SLP Magnum adjustable weights
140/220 secondary spring
NSP helix (not sure on angles)

At 1500 feet.. this sled should pull 8200 with 64 gram weights, all stock. After reading a lot , many said adding 2g of weight should get you to the recommended SLP RPM (8300). Obviously the added power should turn some more R's. I've also spoke to a few running this kit on 600s with no issues getting the peak rpm.

So... Shooting for 8300 RPM, here's what I'm getting:
62.6 g=8150
64g=7950-8000 <--- 200 RPM short of what stock should be
66g=7800. <--- this is where I expected my baseline of 8300 would be.

Something is going on here.. considering it won't even pull stock weights to stock rpm. SLP has their setup dialed in with a stock helix and secondary spring. Should I go back to this ?

Maybe a bad belt? I was going to try my spare today but the deflection was off so much when I put the new belt on.. and on the trail I didn't have the right wrench to adjust.

It Rips up until 7600 or so then pretty much falls on it's face. Looking for some ideas!

Thank you!

M
Oct 24, 2018
Hello mcp. Sorry to see you're having trouble with your sled. We're happy to help you figure it out. The best way to work through this is contacting our tech department.

Please send an email message to Jim Fairchild:

slptech@slp.cc

Thank you! Actually called the tech department today and got some ideas to try. Thanks again.

Premium Features