• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: DuraPro™ Ski Dampener

DuraPro

DuraPro - Perfection by Design™
Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: DuraPro™ Ski Dampener

[FONT=&quot]
Please visit the following Swapmeet page for pricing and ordering information: https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437721[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, here it is: The DuraPro™ Ski Dampener[/FONT]

dpsdt.jpg

dpsdb2.jpg

The patent pending DuraPro™ ski dampener delivers many unique advantages over other designs:

• The dampener gives a linear, progressive dampening effect which allows the ski to flex more freely at low speeds and loads for softer dampening, and more rigidly at high speeds and loads for stronger dampening. Furthermore, it does this without compromising your ski, bushings, or spindle.
  • The proprietary elastomer is extremely resilient and resistant to UV light, cracking, tearing, swelling, breaking, abrasion, friction, temperature fluctuations, and vibration. This provides for a long service life, potentially making this product the last ski dampener you'll ever have to buy.
  • The dampener maintains a proper approach angle and position for the ski, giving better and more predictable performance on the snow.
  • The dampener's cradle offers maximum square surface area and the same axis for the steering spindle (less wear and tear on your ski bushings), and the full width of the ski saddle helps with side-to-side and twisting stability for the ski.
  • The majority of the DuraPro™ ski dampener’s effect occurs behind the steering spindle tab. This puts less stress on the tab and also gives the dampener the unique ability to continue functioning even if the tab breaks off.
  • Weighs only 2 oz. heavier than the OEM dampener.
  • MADE IN THE USA with 100% domestic materials and labor!
FITMENT:

The DuraPro™ ski dampener was designed as a direct replacement for Polaris part #5415230, but will fit any Polaris Gripper Ski with a spindle foot of 113 - 117 degrees (please see below). This MAY include, but is not limited to, Polaris part #5412794 and #5412794 also.

INCLUDES:

• (2) DuraPro™ Ski Dampeners
  • (1) Packet of Compatible Grease
  • Instruction Sheet

FYI, DuraPro™ products carry a lifetime warranty for the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship.

Full warranty details can be found at: https://www.duraprousa.com/pages/warranty

[FONT=&quot]
Please visit the following Swapmeet page for pricing and ordering information: https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437721[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

dpspindle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
Store open for business!

The [FONT=&quot]DuraPro™ ski dampener is now available for purchase on our website.

Please see the Swapmeet link above for ordering directions.[/FONT]

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
Will the DuraPro ski dampener fit???

Will this only fit the Gripper skis from the AXYS-Mtn sleds... Or, will they also fit the nearly identical Grippers skis from 2007-2015??.

Per sheetmetalfab back on 11/16/2017: "All gripper ski’s are the same. The hardware changed from standard to metric in 2011. No change in the plastic part."

Unfortunately we can't verify this since we don't know anyone with that model or year of sled near our location. If there is someone nearby (we are in a suburb of Denver, CO), my cousin or I would be more than happy to go to their location in order to try one on their sled... and put these questions to rest once and for all.

I will say that if Gulfi's dampeners are working on the skis, then ours will work also.

Anyone out there interested or any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Ryan

Last edited:

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
The DuraPro dampener will work with Gripper skis 2007-Present

Thank you so much mountainhorse... a picture is worth a thousand words!

Just to clarify, the DuraPro ski dampeners should work in the older style Gripper ski (2007-2015). This is because the dampener was designed off of the Axys Gripper ski with the extra plastic web (circled in yellow in the right pic).

comparison.jpg

Had we designed it for the older ski, it wouldn't have worked in the Axys ski. Now it should work with both.

To address the issue of the shorter nose on the Pro-Ride spindle, you are correct that the spindle nose greatly affects the performance of a dampener... EXCEPT FOR THE DURAPRO DAMPENER. This is one of our main advertisements and one of the reasons for it's patent. Given the unique geometry, the majority of the work is being performed behind the spindle nose (tab).

In fact, I would venture to say that you would be hard pressed in most riding situations to notice a difference between a good spindle and one that has the nose removed, IF the DuraPro ski dampener is installed. :face-icon-small-sho

Thank you again for your help and kind words!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Not sure what you mean by "majority of the work is being performed behind the spindle nose"

The issue is with the skis getting stuck in the nose-up position... Please illuminate how this snubber changes things in that department?

HMM...

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
Not sure what you mean by "majority of the work is being performed behind the spindle nose"

The issue is with the skis getting stuck in the nose-up position... Please illuminate how this snubber changes things in that department?

HMM...

The DuraPro dampener doesn't change it's #1 purpose, which is as you said, is to keep the ski from traveling too far up or down (in other words, acting as a limiter stop).

In my opinion, it's secondary purpose is to act as a dampener. Preferably a dampener that acts in a linear fashion (like a spring, rather than like a typical non-linear elastomer).

The DuraPro ski dampener achieves both of these priorities... just in a very unique way.

Rather than depending on the spindle nose and more rubber material for that nose to push against, the geometry was moved back more towards the center axis. Several factors play a role into calculating and achieving this, of which I won't go into detail. The point is though, that the majority of the dampener's work (job of controlling the ski's max travel and acting as the dampener) occurs behind the spindle tab. That's one of the unique attributes of the DuraPro ski dampener.

Hope it's clearer than mud. :face-icon-small-ton

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Just got mine, which are nice looking and clearly very professionally made. I'm hoping to install them tonight for a ride tomorrow. I'm at Togwotee, and conditions are great if you get far enough away, but still funky enough to be testing the front suspension including the stock rubbers. I've flipped my skis up a couple times over the last couple days and would love it to stop!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just got mine, which are nice looking and clearly very professionally made. I'm hoping to install them tonight for a ride tomorrow. I'm at Togwotee, and conditions are great if you get far enough away, but still funky enough to be testing the front suspension including the stock rubbers. I've flipped my skis up a couple times over the last couple days and would love it to stop!

Report back please.
You would have the first actual review.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
well I only have 1 ride in on them 3.5 to 4 ft of sugar snow with no base so its hard to say I put them through the ringer but they defiantly have a better rebound than stock I did play in a ditch on the side of the highway that was supper curtsey for a mile or two and didn't have the ski tip up and dig down in the crust when on edge, it seemed to hold the ski in a more neutral position. like I said 1 ride but it shows no wear or marks the bumper its self was a snug fit to the ski and a snug fit to the spindle also. I still have both the feet on my spindles so I would say so far so good and ill give ya a better report after I get some more time and different terrain under them!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
For those who have been curious about these.

One of the best mods for the stock sled you can do. I used to go through OEM rubbers ever 2-300 miles if not sooner.

Ive got 500 so far on the durapro rubbers and they look good as new. Basically i forget to worry about splitting ski rubbers, which is exactly where I want to be. Just riding and enjoying and not being irritated by such a simple problem.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
yep got a few more rides on mine in some creak beds hit some ice shelf's and logs under the snow and they have a good squash on them never let the ski tip/flop up and still look next to new no cracks light rub marks on the bumper where the spindle sits.... I think its a winner

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
DuraPro,

do you happen to make these for SLP mounts/skis? or will you be?

I am sure there is a big market for them.
I would be a buyer :face-icon-small-hap

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
We ordered several sets and all positives here so far! Definitely a quality product. We were so impressed that we are in the process of becoming a dealer now.

Premium Features