• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker or Silber

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If you go with the new kits Justin is doing with the bullydog, you would be hard pressed to find a more pull rope and go setup. Combo that with a KPA self lube turbo and your looking at about one of the simplest kits on the market. They flat rip, run super clean, and no extra electric draw with the self lube setup. A huge plus on any Pro kit IMO.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
last year early season setup they had a few guys that had a few stumbles, (ours included) but they got a new production map locked down mid season and they just rail all day every day. If you search back thats pretty much exactly how everyone else ran into things as well. I ride with about 3 of these sleds and they are the cleanest running turbo 2 strokes I have ever seen.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've had a Boondocker kit and 3 silber kits on my Poos. The Silber kit with the Bullydog is an awesome, awesome kit. Simple, solid, and easy to put back to stock when selling the sled. IMO, those qualities make it the best kit hands down! Silber turbos will be on both my sleds.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
If you live in GP check out Boost-it. Next choice for me would be Boondocker.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I see boost it does't "sell" to the US, does that just mean he won't ship to the US? Would Neil sell and install a kit on someones sled who brings it to him from the US?

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I'll toss in a huge vote for Boondocker. There are 12 turboed Pro's that I ride with consistently. I've yet to have a ride negatively effected due to a Boondocker setup. The BD system is dialed and I'd bet they have far more kits on the snow in comparison to anyone else. My sled, plus each sled I ride with has always ran perfect. Take a look at the RMSHA circuit. Those boys only ride what works.

My sled is a 2014 Pro with the 2860 Tial kit with cold air intake. I honestly didn't hit a button on the BD box one time all season. I didn't even check any stats on the box. This sled ran dead-on all season long. From punching a line in deep snow up a steep drainage to holding it pinned on a long climb, the BD system is what I will choose every time.

J
Jul 10, 2010
Alaska
The turbo sleds that I ride with are mostly Boondocker and I have only ridden with one Silber. They have all worked very well the each year it seems you have to fiddle with the box less and less. The Silber kit I ran with was a 13 model so I am sure that they have also gotten much better. The good news is, we have also not had any ride ending problems with the boosted sleds if you don't count broken drive shafts and hit trees.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Ah about time someone made one of these threads again to liven up the Turbo section:face-icon-small-hap

What do you want? do you want the biggest baddest kit you can get? If so you'll have to go with BD with all the bell and whistle or like said above the Boost-it H.O. kit. But get ready to pay for it cause both of those are around 8-9 grand.

If you want a cheaper kit around 5 grand you can go with the base BD or Silber... Maybe a little biased because I like my BD but I don't see one thing Silber kit has that is better then the new BD kit, but the BD has a couple big things that are better IMO.
The new BD kit has basically the Bullydog (ECU Reflash) plus you get there fuel box with EBC and extra injectors. With the BD box you can fine tune your sled in right on the snow, the Silber your stuck with what you got. I like extra injector for cooling charge temps, better fuel mileage, cleaner bottom end, and running extra fuel and oil on reeds. This years BD kit is oiling turbo with stock oil so no tank. BD kit you get a tunnel dump exhaust which I like.

Another affordable option is Boost-It's low boost kit

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Both kits are going to run good!

My vote...
New Silber kit, base kit, true bolt in, no cutting and do the ECU flash for a true pull and go experience. No tuning, heck dont even need gauges!

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Is it just me, or is 8-9 g's for a snowmobile turbo kit f'ing insane? Don't get me wrong...something is worth what people are willing to pay for it. But is there actually that kind of material and labour involved? Or is it just a function of there being enough people who just don't care what the price is?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
BD kit you get a tunnel dump exhaust which I like.

The tunnel dump is cool, except for your drilling a 3" hole in the weakest part of the pro tunnel. Sorry, forgot to mention that earlier, I was busy designing a brace for one in the shop as the tunnel is almost cracked in half because of.

I showed the tunnel dump setup to the guy who designed the Pro chassis when hanging out at the snow shoes last year and he just shook his head and laughed.

Their kits work good, but I just dont like that option one bit.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I think they both run well and it really comes down to cost and support. I think those are the areas that Silber shines, they both use top notch components and run good.

Really??? You call that Chinese copy of a Garrett turbo "top notch component"?? Ha!!

Between Princeton and Haydays, I must have seen 10+ take offs for sale.

My opinion, anything but Silber.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Silber kits aren't running a chinese knock off turbo anymore. Their turbo's are actually pretty kick *** with oil-less options now. Please make sure to know what is currently in production not what was out 2-3 years ago...Hell isn't BD offering KPA turbos now as well?

Premium Features