• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS adjustment thru PC 5

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
Is it possible to set your tps through the power commander to polaris specs?

The reason I ask is I have a polaris TPS tool and have set the tps to factory specs and noticed a difference from the reading I previously had with the polaris tool compared to what I have on the screen when syncing the Tps on the PC 5.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i just reset my tps today,then resynced the tps on the pc5. i noticed that the base throttle reading on the pv5 was less than the volt meter reading sounds like the same as you.

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
Yes thats what I saw. I was wondering if the ecm is seeing what the pc5 sees or if it is really set at what the special tool says

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
The tool is a polaris part that I have for setting the tps on my rzr it has the same connector for the tps.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
How much of a difference are you guys seeing? I set mine entirely with the PCV... I wonder if it's off?

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
with yours set entirely with the pc5 how does it start, any hiccups?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Starts second pull cold, and first pull warm. I just have an SLP pipe set with their map installed and it seems to run fine. It's definitely rich, but it never loads up or bogs.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
TDB. Did you actually change the TPS using PCV and 'putor or did you just sync it?

I was told the added resistance in the PCV lowers the voltage you see on the screen.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I actually set the base and idle voltage of the TPS using the output on the PCV. Then synced the idle and WOT values to the PCV.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Interesting. Everyone says this TPS is so sensitive for set-up yet here is the exception to the rule.

Maybe they aren't that sensitive. How much of a change did you have to do (what did the voltage say and what did you change it to.

bigchevrolet

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
northern mn
You can not set the tps with your pc5 all you can do is read your tps setting and set the pc5 to your tps setting off the aled

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Interesting. Everyone says this TPS is so sensitive for set-up yet here is the exception to the rule.

Maybe they aren't that sensitive. How much of a change did you have to do (what did the voltage say and what did you change it to.

When I first got my sled, I threw on the PCV and went through the syncing process. The PCV read .845 volts at idle. At the time I didn't know the correct voltage, and just assumed that it was set correctly from the manufacturer. I rode it for ~250 miles that way and then the TPS started acting up. It was giving me the code of "abnormal voltage change". During those first ~250 miles there were no running issues and it started cold on the 3rd pull and warm it started on the 1st or 2nd pull. I got a new TPS and set it to the correct base and idle voltage using purely using the PCV and since then it has ran great and starts better....

Who knows?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
You can not set the tps with your pc5 all you can do is read your tps setting and set the pc5 to your tps setting off the aled

No, but you read the voltage signal from the TPS using the PCV software and then clock the TPS on the throttle body until it reads the desired voltage.

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
I set mine with the polaris special tool to polaris specs. I just noticed a difference between it and my pc5 readings.
I did take my sled to dealer and the setting for idle I had was correct at .937 according to digital wrench but my base setting was off .715 and I set it at .710 with my fluke meter and I also tested battery etc on my tester to make sure it was between the allowable voltages per polaris spec.

Premium Features