• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker or Silber

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
I've been running a boondocker turbo fora few years and I was extremely happy with it. Recently bought a 13 pro and it's getting a Silber turbo. I wanted to put a boondocker on it but the price is way more than silbers. Why is there such a difference in price? Can't be that much better.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
BD is the name brand turbo and they charge for it. Looking at the basic cheap components (internal waste gate 2860, painted exhaust, etc), I felt they were a ripoff and went elsewhere. I previously had a M8 BD turbo and was happy. My Push with all stainless Tial housings, billet wheels, external waste gates, stand alone ECU, etc was only a few bucks more than the standard BD kit. I hope it is as reliable as the BD though. We'll see.

Silber has the right idea on pricing IMO.

Last edited:
I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
IMO it's Boondockers overhead. They spend alot of time developing all their own electronics for multiple brands. Advertising is expensive and BD does the most. So are sponsorships. They also use a turbo that's more expensive. I'll let this experts debate whether that makes a difference.
I think the Silber is best value out there for the Pro right now. The quality of his components are amazing for the price. You'd have to ride the two kits back to back to see if the price difference is worth it to you.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
There are many differences in these two kits so if you just compare price your going to run the risk of being disappointed later. Not saying anything negative about either kit!!! There are fans of both but some things to consider. These guys use different turbos and different fuel controllers so your going to have different results.

My BD runs great. Some extra "things" I got for the money;
Garret Turbo (solid proven turbo)
BD Fuel controller with Electronic Boost Control and Push to Pass (this box gives you more control when tuning and some nice features).
Tunnel dump exhaust (does not bog on right hand turns).
Timing Key (adjusts timing to make the bottom end more responsive).
There are benefits to each of these things and these things cost a little bit more money.

From what I have been able to see BD has never been about making the lowest cost kit out there. They have been building a reputation of solid performing turbo kits for a fair price.
No one wants to pay more than they have to for anything but there is a reason people say, "you get what you pay for" so do your research and look at more than just the price tag.
Wether you go BD or Silber I would highly suggest you get some seat time on one or both before buying anything!!

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
turbos

we sold a few boondockers and a couple silbers last year, both of them ran awesome!

they both made some changes again this year

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I dont know if you're still looking for a turbo or not, but Ive got a snowcheck deal with Boston Racing if you are interested.

I will discount the price for you a little bit.

S

shell_guy

Jan 28, 2008
Red Deer, AB
As far as a solid cost effective set up, I feel that the Silber is the best bang for the buck, when paired with Neil's Boost-box you have a turn key consistent turbo set up.

F
Feb 23, 2009
I run boondocker on my pro at approx. 5000 ft ,12 pounds boost, approx. 102 octane and have 1200 miles on, no problems.Support from boondocker has been great ,and will definitely be putting a boondocker on the next sled I buy.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I have a BD 2863 Tial with intercooler. Just rode it this weekend for the first time and I cant believe how good this thing runs!!! I didnt touch the box or settings other than turning up the boost. BD hit a home run with this years kit!!! The spool up is lightening fast and the power is very smooth and consistent. On/off throttle response is flawless. You WILL NOT be disappointed with the Boondocker system!!

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I've been running a boondocker turbo fora few years and I was extremely happy with it. Recently bought a 13 pro and it's getting a Silber turbo. I wanted to put a boondocker on it but the price is way more than silbers. Why is there such a difference in price? Can't be that much better.
The BD works good, I have run many of theyr kits.. It looks like both kit is worth the money, depends what you look at. There are several issues mentioned in different treads about the Silber,it seams not to work at low altitude. High altitude it it seams to be ok. But there are other kits on the marked now that looks to be better then BD to the same price...check pushturbo.com

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
2kits

If you Snowchecked a silber, you could buy 2 kits for the price of one of the others.
Then you could have a backup turbo!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
If you Snowchecked a silber, you could buy 2 kits for the price of one of the others.
Then you could have a backup turbo!

A backup sled is good, but a backup Silber turbo is awesome! I've been preaching that for a while.

sledpics002.jpg

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
This is a loaded question for the guys who have good luck with Boondocker will say Boondocked for those that have had good luck with Silber will say Sliber. I personally perfer Cutler but only because they have provided me outstanding customer service and not because they gave me the best deal or had the best kit.

I went from Polaris to Cat 4 years ago so this is my first year back on a Polaris I wanted to do a turbo but just didnt have the coin so was going to pick up a used 2012 Silber. Well long story short after 15 minutes on the phone with Cory from Boston Racing I am doing the 2013 Silber. Not because Silber makes the best kit or his sleds run the best but becauce Cory in 15 minutes made me believe he will take care of me if or when I have problems. "customer service"

Every kit out today has its positives and negatives. Pick a kit that fits your budget, gets the performance you want and that you are happy with and run with it. I think the key to great performance is in the installation and not as much the kit it self these days anyway.

O ya and I really wanted to say I wouldn't do Boondocker because I think they have HORRIBLE customer service. However just because I had back luck with them doesnt mean everybody does..

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
X2 for Cory at next level power sports! Awesome customer service!

Also from my dealings with boondocker, if you go that route, go through on of their dealers not them directly....

Premium Features