• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt life

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
Well I just burned up my first belt on my 2011 rmk. 1727 miles I couldn't be any happier:face-icon-small-coo It's nice not to have to worry about burning up belts. My last sled was a doo doo and it was a belt burner, that's why I crossed over to polaris and I'm sure glad I did.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Murph,
I've been riding a 2012 155 and have also been getting outstanding belt life, approx. 1000 miles to the belt. One thing I've noticed is very little belt dust using stock recommended Polaris clutching, no vents, no fans. I rode the crap out of it a couple weeks ago in 50 degree weather. I would pull the side panel every now and then checking for excessive heat, there wasn't any.

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
I'm am just about at 1000 miles on my original belt. No signs of wear, very little dust and I have no extra venting or fans either. Running near stock clutching @ around 9k feet on average.

fugly27

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
British Columbia
1727 miles that is impressive. I can't get anywhere near that.

Curious how much belt dust your setup produces and what exactly your altitude and setup are?

Vents? Fans?
I run a stage 3 slp package and use there recommended clutch kits, 6oooft, and have side panel vents, some belt dust but there is always going to be some, i also made a footwell vent for the clutch side which keeps the fluffy stuff from getting onto the secondary.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
lost my first belt at 800 miles (pulled cord) i was stoked with that :face-icon-small-hap
now i read this thread and i'm bummed :face-icon-small-sad
ha ha ha ha dam i love that piece of chit !

C

camocat1000

Jan 30, 2010
Buffalo,MN
wow that's great news since I just ordered a pro....so that's 2 motors to one belt ...4 year warranty will be nice

Last edited:
Premium Features